- 1-hour tour of Teatro La Fenice in Venice
- Hear the history of the legendary Venice theater from a local guide
- Learn of prestigious operas such as Verdi’s La Traviata that have taken place at the iconic venue
- Explore the auditorium and royal box while learning about the theater’s architecture
- Admire Teatro La Fenice’s opulent décor and interiors
What You Can Expect
Opened amid much hype at the end of the 18th century, the theater house quickly became the place for affluent Venetians to gather, gossip and gamble against a hubbub of opera music. Performances by European maestros such as Bellini, Rossini, Verdi and Wagner regularly took place inside Teatro La Fenice and the theater grew an avid following of locals and visitors alike.
Hear how the theater was razed to the ground by fire on not just one but two occasions, and marvel at the multi-million dollar renovations that have restored it to its former Baroque glory. Bold aqua-colored walls frame glittering gold balconies, and the theater seems to drip with grandiose ornamentation. Ogle the ornate décor and furnishings of the auditorium, visit the royal box, and walk along the rows of plush seats while imagining a cacophany of opera music around you.
After an hour of exploring the theater and hearing its history, exit the building to finish your tour.
A very thorough and interesting tour of a fascinating facility. Our guide, Sabina, was excellent!!---warm, friendly, very knowledgable. She made the experience come alive for us. Thanks for an excellent tour!
This was a very informative and well presented tour. We enjoyed the tour and found the guide to be very good.