Numbers are limited to 9 on this small-group tour ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- 2-hour small-group Venice canal cruise by motorboat including the Grand Canal
- Explore the waterways of charming Venetian neighborhoods such as Cannaregio and Dorsoduro
- Discover pretty canals away from the well-trodden tourist trail, as well as top Venice attractions such as the Arsenale and Rialto Bridge
- See craftsmen in work at a Dorsoduro gondola workshop and stop for photos at the Jewish Ghetto
- Hear stories, anecdotes and snippets of Venetian history from an onboard guide
- Small-group cruise with a maximum of 9 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Pass alongside more quieter canals, seeing streets lined with drying laundry (a quintessential Venice sight), and enter the Porta dell’Acqua city gates into the impressive Arsenale, Venice’s historical shipyard and naval depot. Built at the start of the 12th century, the Arsenale grew to be one of Europe’s greatest shipyards, producing naval and merchant ships on a mass scale.
Relax as you cruise out of the old shipyard to the Cannaregio neighborhood, where some of the city’s most charming canals are found. Work your way around the quieter waterways, seeing romantic canalside restaurants and bars, and then head into the picturesque area known as the Jewish Ghetto. Enjoy a break of roughly 15-20 minutes to walk about and take photos of the pretty streets, and then continue by boat along the backwater canals of Santa Croce and Dorsoduro.
Loop past one of Dorsoduro’s gondola workshops to see craftsmen at work producing traditional Venetian gondolas, and then cruise down the famous Grand Canal. Have your camera ready to capture sights of the Baroque mansions and churches that line the busy stretch of water, and gaze at the thoroughfare of passing gondolas, vaporetto (water buses) and water taxis — all jostling for space on the water.
Cruise beneath Venice’s iconic Rialto Bridge, and return to the start point near St Mark’s Square where your cruise finishes.
We had Kristina as our guide and she was fabulous. We were able to ask questions about anything, it didn't have to be related to the tour. It tools is to parts of Venice that we wouldn't have visited ourselves eg: The Ghetto. We were fortunate enough to have a small group of 7. We also took our daughters 8 and 10 and they loved the tour and wanted to go again.
Would highly reccommend.
We enjoyed the tour a lot and were able to see a lot more then we would have been able by foot. The tour guide was great and she explained things very good. We are glad we took the tour.