- 2.5-hour Venice food walking tour with a food-loving local guide
- Visit five of the city’s best cicchetti bars, famous for their Venetian tapas-style dishes
- Savor small plates of local specialties like marinated seafood with polenta
- Hop aboard a Traghetti (Traghetto) and glide across the Grand Canal to Rialto Market
- Enjoy regional wines and sparkling prosecco with the food
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Another stop...Photo by: Mark O
- Inside an ancient Cicchetti ...Photo by: Mark O
- Cicchetti Tour OlivesPhoto by: Ruth M
- Giovanna previews a cicchetti ...Photo by: Robert J
- Great food, wine and hidden ...Photo by: Anna P
- Special cookies made in ...Photo by: traveling weaver
United States of America, 11 2014
- wine in large casks and ...Photo by: John E. M
- Inside one of the barsPhoto by: Kat M
- Wine and food tour of VenicePhoto by: Eleanor P
- Second bar of the tourPhoto by: John S
United Kingdom, 10 2013
What You Can Expect
Stroll over to the Cannaregio neighborhood and duck into an 18th-century watering hole on the bustling Strada Nuova. Sink your teeth into some of the bar’s famous polpette, or spicy fried meatballs. From here, cross the Grand Canal on a traghetto passenger ferry and stop at the historic, open-air Rialto Market, where many Venetians shop for daily fresh produce and seafood.
We had a wonderful time with our group and our guide, Elizabeth. We learned so much about Venice and its food and customs. I would highly recommend this tour to others. We had so much fun- I'd love to do this tour again!
This was an absolutely fabulous tour! Our guide Elisabetta was very informative, and gave us wonderful information for things to see and do the next day. We never would have been to any of the places if she had not shown them to us. They were very local, and served local wines as well as typical small bites/appetizers that were unique to the region. I highly recommend this tour.
Claire, our guide, was wonderful. She is full of historic information and great sense of humour. We all had much fun with her.We saw all the hidden gems, ate and drank well and I couldnt imagine a better evening. By the way- this is my 8 time to Venice and thought I would take the tour because it sounded interesting. Iit was Fabulous!- Valerie Ribaro
This was the highlight of my entire Italy trip. Elisabetta was wonderful!
This was an incredible experience. We arrived in Venice at noon and I had pre-booked this trip to encourage us to stay up to get on their time zone. It was a nice sized group of 12 people. We met up at a designated area to meet our guide Francesca. Each wine bar we toured we were treated to a glass of wine and some local appetizers. It was nice to leave the touristy areas and soak in and learn about the culture and way of life. We really enjoyed this tour, honestly it really was a highlight of our trip and I would highly recommend it. Do it early on in your stay to get the layout of the city and local flavour. Francesca gave us insights to the culture, history, lifestyle that we would not have understood if we were just walking around. Thanks Francesca for a wonderful evening!
It was a great tour. More walking that I anticipated, but we learned more about the city. The guide was great!
A great way to experience Venice.Elisabetta shared with passion her knowledge of the city its fine food and wine in special places.For us it was one of those special tours
We had a great time, definitely recommend it to anyone. Bernadetta was a great guide.
Excellent in a word, cheerful guide Elizabetha fun fellow tourers, a nice mix of places visited though surprisingly close together so not the walk to generate an appetite we were expecting. A great way to get a feel for this area of Venice and gave us ideas for the next days, when we revisited a couple of the venues and found other interesting areas. The five glasses of wine definitely had the desired effect by the end of the 2 1/2 hours and good value overall.
Our guide Elisabetta was delightful and full of knowledge. This tour is well worth doing, we discovered wonderful characteristic bars/small restaurants and a side of Venetian life you wouldn't normally see. We only wish that we had done this at the beginning of our stay.