Book this tour and save 10% compared to booking each attraction separately!
- Combine three best-selling Venice tours for a discounted price
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to Doge's Palace and St Mark’s Basilica
- Explore Doge's Palace and see ornate public rooms, frescoes by Tintoretto and the Bridge of Sighs
- See top Venice attractions such as St Mark's Square on a walking tour
- Cruise around the Grand Canal in a motorboat and hear about many palaces that line the banks of the most unique avenue in the world
- Choose from two different tour lengths to suit your schedule and preference
Recent Photos of This Tour
- St Marks BasilicaPhoto by: Stanton M
- Doges Palace Main CourtPhoto by: Stanton M
- Our guide on the Walking TourPhoto by: Michael H
- Gathering point at Royal ...Photo by: Michael H
- Doges Palace Walking TourPhoto by: Michael H
- Striking the BellPhoto by: Patricia V
- Doges PalacePhoto by: Leticia G
- Venice from the boat tour...Photo by: Jeff F
- Canal next to St. Marks SquarePhoto by: weathertop
- Taking a BreakPhoto by: weathertop
- Dont Stop at the City GatePhoto by: weathertop
- walking on small streets in ...Photo by: chrisn
- walking tour in San MarcoPhoto by: chrisn
- Dogges Palace--VenicePhoto by: alcstone001
- Antiker BriefkastenPhoto by: flyarni
- and quot;Bridge of Sighs and ...Photo by: Melissa W
- Entrance to San Marcos ...Photo by: James G
- Wedding GondolaPhoto by: Michael W
- Wading in San Marcos SquarePhoto by: Michael W
What You Can Expect
Enjoy skip-the-line access to the glorious St Mark’s Basilica, followed by a walking tour of the city’s quieter backstreets and historic treasures. Complete your day with an exciting motorboat cruise down palazzo-lined banks of the Grand Canal. See Itinerary below for tour details.
Meet your guide at the entrance to the Royal Gardens in Venice and stroll to the Doge's Palace, the magnificent Venetian-Gothic building from where the leaders of the former Venetian Republic ruled until the late 18th century. Head inside and explore the grandiose public chambers that the doges lavished with fine art and ornamentation. Masterpieces by Renaissance champions Tintoretto and Veronese adorn the walls and ceilings, framing the palace’s grand staircases and arcade statues.
Learn about the doges as you walk around, and hear of the power and treachery that characterized their reign. Ruling the republic with iron fists, the doges established a network of prisons at the palace so they could keep a close eye on their foes. Wander across the Bridge of Sighs, built to connect the palace to the prisons, and pose for photos against the backdrop of the palace. Your walking tour then finishes outside the palace.
Skip the Line: Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica (2 hours):
Leave St Mark’s Square and set off on your walking tour to discover Venice’s highlights and top attractions. Soak up the hustle and bustle of St Mark’s Square, and head inside St Mark’s Basilica to admire its interiors. Marvel at the marble floors and ogle the gilded mosaics that blanket the walls and ceilings. The canopy over the high altar dazzles with gold and gems, and the treasury room holds an array of Crusader spoils plundered from the ancient city of Constantinople.
Head out of the basilica and discover the canal walkways and pretty bridges that typify the city. Learn of legendary Venetians such as Marco Polo with his globe-trotting adventures and other famous landmarks. After 2 hours, your tour finishes near Rialto Bridge.
Venice Grand Canal Boat Tour (1 hour):
Hop aboard your small motorboat at the water’s edge near St Mark’s Square, and then cruise around Venice’s impressive Grand Canal. The busiest stretch of water is also the city’s most photogenic, and the Baroque churches and gondola stations that line the water provide elegant photo opportunities.
laur3n.allender United Kingdom
We did numerous tours on our honeymoon around Italy but this was definitely the best.
We had Andre for our tour of the Doge's Palace, who was absolutely fantastic. Incredibly knowledgeable and proud of the history he was explaining. He was really interesting and enthusiastic and was our favourite guide from our whole tour. Amazing.
Basilica and Walking tour in the afternoon with a different guide which was interesting but definitely a bit 'dry'.
Finally the boat tour around Venice - definitely not a substitute for a gondola ride prebook on viator as they'll charge you lots if you try and buy on the day, but completely worth doing to see a mix of the lagoon, the grand canal and the smaller side canals.
Amazing package and really well organised. Well worth doing!
Very interesting, so much history in the Doges Palace, beautiful paintings and roof alfrescos, walked across the bridge of sigh and past the prison cells, walking tour interesting we were taken around some residential areas and ended at the Rialto Bridge, you then have some free time before your boat trip that was great going through the small canals, Grand Canal, good tour in all. Easy to find meeting place.
These 4 tours are an excellant way to hit the highlights of Venice. The Doge Palace is a can't miss. Our tour guide was very informative weaving Venice history into the beauty of the palace. Skipping the line at the Basilica is worth the cost of the tour. Our walking tour guide pointed out hidden gems. The grand canal cruise was a highlight of our Venice visit. It was informative about the beautiful villas and neighborhoods from the canal. Our boat driver also took us through smaller canals due to extra time.
Best package deal giving us a wonderful overview of the city. Viator's guides were all very good and eager to share their knowledge about their city.
Great tour with very knowledgeable local guides.
ollie brown Australia
We loved this tour. These old buildings are amazing. If you like history, then this is for you.
Great package, which allowed us to do the things we most wanted to do in central Venice in a very efficient way. Skip-the-line tours of both the Basilica and Doge's Palace are definitely the way to go! Saved us lots of time and aggravation. We had a little bit of a hiccup with timing of the Grand Canal Tour a number of us were told to show up at 5:00p rather than 4:00p - but the company quickly resolved the problem and we had a lovely cruise.
Amazing, highly recommended
Ann W United States of ...
When you vacation in high season you have to have an edge to ensure tickets to all the must-see sights without the wait. Viator is my edge. Great history with native Venetian guides. Love the walking tours. Only way to feel part of the country. Canal Cruise a real treat.
$137.86 Save $9.04