- 2-hour walking tour around Victoria Falls
- Visit 'The Big Tree,' a massive baobab that's believed to be more than 1,000 years old
- Explore the rainforest trails around the impressive waterfall with a local guide
- Learn about the Victoria Falls' geology and history
- Discover 19th-century explorer David Livingstone's connection to the falls
- See incredible flora and fauna as well as sites like the Devil’s Cataract
- Choose from a morning or afternoon walking tour
What You Can Expect
Continue by minibus to the rainforest that fringes Victoria Falls, and then set off on a walk along the lush trails while learning all about the world-famous waterfall. Listed as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the waterfall is also known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, meaning ‘smoke that thunders’ in Kololo. The name resonates: you can see the mist of the roaring falls from some 20 miles (32 km) away.
As you explore the pretty rainforest trails that surround the falls, marvel at the sight of the Zambezi River plunging down a series of basalt gorges. At roughly 1.2 miles (2 km) wide and 360 feet (108 m) tall, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s largest waterfalls — approximately twice the size of Niagara Falls.
Look out for Livingstone’s Statue that looks out over the Devil’s Cataract — a natural pool that marks the lowest point of the falls — and learn about the monument's namesake, David Livingstone. The intrepid explorer brought Victoria Falls to the world’s attention when he stumbled upon them in 1855. Instantly stunned by the falls’ grandeur, he decided to name them after Queen Victoria.
After two hours of exploring the rainforest trails around the waterfall, return to your coach and finish your tour with a hotel drop-off.
The tour guide was great he was very personal and helpful
Falls were great
What can I say. The Falls did all the talking. Spectacular. Worth it for us for the transfers plus the guides tend to fast track you through the sometimes busy entry gates. Don't let them talk you into the morning tour. The afternoons are when you'll get a rainbow in every photo.