- 4-hour evening dinner at 'The Boma – Place of Eating,' in Victoria Falls
- Dress up in an authentic Zimbabwean robe and have your face painted and hair braided
- Savor a 4-course Zimbabwean buffet and feast on barbequed meats, salads and soup
- Try specialties such as Mopani worms or warthog fillet
- Enjoy lively entertainment from Amakwezi dancers, a storyteller and a witch doctor
- Join in with the Zambezi drumbeat performance on bongo drums
What You Can Expect
It was OK. It seemed like although the driver picked me up at the appointed time, when I arrived, I was late. Everyone else was already there, and seated, and part way through their meal. I tried to catch up, but I missed the entertainment it was far away in the restaurant from where I was seated, and could not get up and go over to participate because I was just starting my meal, when everyone else seemed to be already finished eating. I was told there would be face makeup etc., and saw it on others, but it was not offered to me. If the timing had been improved, it would have been a great night. The food was delicious, and the drumming was great.
This may not be everyone's cuppa but my wife and I loved it. The assortment of food will cover every taste. The lamb on the open fire was the masterpiece but don't overlook the Warthog. It in my opinion, is better than beef. (Tender and flavorsome). The bongo drums (which everyone gets one) were fabulous but there were a few people not into it. All in all a fun night. Reality is, what else are you going to do with you evening if you don't come here? It's not exactly a thriving metropolis.
Good food and fun drumming session
NIce show with dancing and music. So and so dinner.