- Dinner at Butchart Gardens, a National Historic Site of Canada
- Fly from Victoria Harbour to Butchart Gardens by seaplane
- Admire spectacular aerial views of Vancouver Island and the surrounding water and islands as you fly
- Enjoy a 3-course dinner of seasonal dishes like wild BC salmon or pork chops from a local farm
- Take a nighttime walk through the floodlit gardens, admiring the enormous variety of flowers and other plant life
- Return to Victoria Harbour in style by private limousine
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at Butchart, sit down to a delicious three-course dinner in the cheerful and elegant Dining Room, one of the gardens’ on-site restaurants. Feast on a seasonal menu of soup or salad followed by a main course featuring regional meat or fish, and then relax over a sweet dessert and cup of coffee or tea.
Dinner lasts about 90 minutes, and then you have one hour to stroll through the gardens at your leisure. Sure, the gardens are gorgeous during the day, but at night they’re nearly magical. After the sun sets, lights come on across the gardens, creating shadows and illuminating the creatively designed displays of flowers, shrubs and trees. It’s very romantic!
At around 10pm, hop inside a luxurious limousine for the 30-minute drive back to Victoria Harbour, where your tour ends.
Sample menu (you have your choice of one for each course)
- Organic field greens with fresh blossoms and white balsamic vinaigrette
- Potato cheddar soup with melted leeks and broccoli florets
- Wild BC salmon with clam and potato gratin, wilted greens, and caramelized shallot vinaigrette
- Cowichan Valley chicken with gnocchi, asparagus, bacon, toasted pine nuts and white wine beurre blanc (butter sauce)
- Alberni Valley pork chop with a corn and wild rice cabbage roll, smoked paprika, tomato and onion ring
- Signature vanilla bean crème brûlée with raspberry and white chocolate biscotti
- Zuccotto: Chocolate truffle ice cream with espresso-dipped ladyfingers
An excellent evening out, starting with the seaplane ride with views of Victoria followed by a delicious 3 course meal sitting on the balcony of the restaurant overlooking beautiful gardens. The gardens were stunning and immaculately kept with the most beautiful displays, fountains and a huge rose garden. Top all of that off with a chauffeur driven stretch limo to take you back to your hotel!!!
Great seaplane ride and nice pilot.
Gardens are wonderful, especially at dusk/night
Jered M USA