- General admission to the Royal BC Museum
- Enjoy fascinating, always-evolving galleries
- Journey back in time to see, hear, touch and smell the history of British Columbia through world-class exhibits
- Learn about BC's natural history from the present day all the way back to the ice age
- Revolving visiting shows keep the collections fresh and interesting -- you'll want to come back again and again!
- Located in the heart of Victoria's Inner Harbor
What You Can Expect
The permanent galleries of the Royal BC Museum focus on natural and human histories. The First Peoples Gallery gives you a dramatic glimpse into the lives of the native settlers before and after the arrival of the Europeans. See, hear and smell the past as you travel through 200 years of British Columbia's amazing history.
In the Natural History Gallery, you'll take a journey across time and see how British Columbia's natural environment has changed over thousands of years. Learn about the mammoths and giant bison that roamed this area during the ice age, and the animals of today, such as the iconic grizzly bear, sea lions and blue herons.
From May 17 through September 16, 'Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries' is visiting the Royal BC museum. From June 1 to September 3, the much anticipated 'Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton' will be featured.
Fabulous! We enjoyed this so much. We stayed at leas 4 hours and could have spent more time. I enjoyed seeing real Academy Award and Emmy statues, They also had some real gold medals. The staff was so nice and available.
The exhibits were outstanding.
US Minor Outlying Islands
enjoyed Viking special
This tour was amazing!
The Royal BC Museum is well worth the ticket price. We only had a few hours but could have spent a whole day wandering through the exhibits.
excellent, and Victoria is beautiful
Enjoyed Victoria. Did the Hop on Hop off bus tour and saw most of the city in a few hours. Then spent the next couple of days visiting the sites that interested us most.
I had forgotten that I've been to this museum in 2006. I remembered the first people exhibits. I think the dinosaurs is new and it is very good. Another place similar is in Calgary.