- General admission to the Royal BC Museum
- Enjoy fascinating, always-evolving galleries
- Journey back in time to see, hear, touch and smell the history of British Columbia through world-class exhibits
- Learn about BC's natural history from the present day all the way back to the ice age
- Revolving visiting shows keep the collections fresh and interesting -- you'll want to come back again and again!
- Located in the heart of Victoria's Inner Harbor
What You Can Expect
The permanent galleries of the Royal BC Museum focus on natural and human histories. The First Peoples Gallery gives you a dramatic glimpse into the lives of the native settlers before and after the arrival of the Europeans. See, hear and smell the past as you travel through 200 years of British Columbia's amazing history.
In the Natural History Gallery, you'll take a journey across time and see how British Columbia's natural environment has changed over thousands of years. Learn about the mammoths and giant bison that roamed this area during the ice age, and the animals of today, such as the iconic grizzly bear, sea lions and blue herons.
From May 17 through September 16, 'Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries' is visiting the Royal BC museum. From June 1 to September 3, the much anticipated 'Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton' will be featured.