- Horse-drawn carriage ride through central Victoria
- Pass through serene Beacon Hill Park and the Dallas Road waterfront
- 1-hour ride begins at the majestic Empress hotel
- See local landmarks like Mile 0 of the Trans-Canada Highway
- Admire views of the Olympic Mountains and Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Learn about local history from a friendly uniformed driver and guide
- Romantic experience, great for couples
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Royal Carriage Tour in ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Peaceful park with fountain: ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Victoria by horse and carriagePhoto by: Anonymous
- Parliamnet Building ...Photo by: Wickster
- Butchart Gardens in Victoria, ...Photo by: Wickster
- Victoria by Horse and CarriagePhoto by: Travel61
What You Can Expect
This popular tour begins with a breathtaking view of the majestic Empress Hotel, overlooking the Inner Harbor with its classic tall ships and sleek sailing vessels. Feel like royalty as you journey past landmark buildings and historic homes.
As you enter Beacon Hill Park, you will be dazzled with the array of fragrant flowers and delightful duck ponds.
You will continue on out to the Dallas Road waterfront, passing Mile 0 of the Trans Canada Highway. Here you'll gaze at the splendor of the Olympic Mountains and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
The rest of your tour will be through the oldest neighborhood in Victoria with an impressive variety of well-maintained historic homes and gardens. The tour finishes back in the Inner Harbor by the Parliament buildings and the Royal London Wax Museum.
Visited Butchart Gardens before taking part in Royal Carriage Tour. Visited Parliament Building and Fairmont Empress Hotel. Ate lunch at wharf across the street from Parliament Building.
After a little mix-up at the gate which they efficiently rectified, we were on our way with Dolly the horse and her lovely driver. We could choose our route and were well informed of the sites we saw. This booking was considerably less money than the competition, and a good choice.
This was the best part of our Victoria trip. Michela was excellent and so was Zeke.
Floyd S USA
Very informative. The process worked well but we forgot to call the Royal Carriage office 48 hours in advance for a time. We called them the morning that we planned to take the ride and they were very accommodating scheduling us for a tour later that day. I would recommend calling 48 hours in advance since I am sure they cannot accommodate all last minute notifications. Tour guide was well informed and gave us interesting information.
Cath United Kingdom
Really enjoyed our carriage tour and definitely a good way to see the highlights of Victoria. The driver was also very knowledgeable.
Very Talkative and informative. It was a pleasant experience.
Amazing. Great knowledgeable guide. Quiet, slow paced way to see the best of Victoria in a relaxed manner.
John C USA
A nice carriage ride but the guide shared very little about the sights and very expensive for only 2 persons. Load up the carriage or seek other venues for a tour.
Very relaxed and enjoyable. Knowledgeable carriage driver. A little short in time.
Maddy did a fine job of telling us about the houses and sections of the city we traveled through. This is a comfortable and relaxed way to see some of the sights. I recommend the one hour tour. For us this was a birthday present to our daughter and she loved it.