- Traditional Austrian Christmas Eve celebration at Weikersdorf Castle in Baden
- Admire the spectacular Alps scenery and soak up the dreamy winter wonderland atmosphere of the Vienna Woods
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner at Weikersdorf Castle with your family and friends
- Savor a 4-course meal with wine while a live band plays traditional Austrian music
- Attend a Christmas mass at the Parish Church of St Christopher
- Round-trip transport from Vienna included
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at Weikersdorf Castle, your guide will explain its history and point out the Renaissance architecture. Dating back to the 13th century, the castle was rebuilt in 1971 and is today used as part of the Vienna Woods Hotel.
- Crab rolls on a grapefruit a ragout (appetizer)
- Oxtail essence with ravioli
- Christmas goose and red cabbage with apples and potato dumplings
- Pyramid cake with chestnut mousse and a baked apple sauce
- White wine (Grüner Veltliner, Weingut Fritz Salomon)
- Red wine (Blauer Zweigelt, Weingut Reinisch)
** Please note that no vegetarian option is available **
United States of America
Not GOOD explanation of the Tour by Conductor
Not good dinner served, if it was "over sold" it should have been planned for...
NOT a good experience for a special night
It was nice to have something organized for Xmas Eve. The food was very good. The location was nice, but not your fairy tale castle . The music was great, but should have been only Xmas. Attending a local midnight mass was special, but the church was not ready to accommodate all these extra people.
Really overpriced and guided by someone who really didnt care. We knew we would find it hard to find somewhere for xmas eve so for that reason it was still worth it, but the romance of the castle was really not all that. Renovated beyond recognition.
This was a very unorganised tour. We were picked up on time and taken to the castle to have warm wine. When it came to seating it was a mess, we were left standing with my family of four without a table to sit together, along with a few other families. We were told to take a seat with strangers. There were only single seats left at each table. Eventually we were taken to another room with three tables, so I could sit together with my family on Christmas and so could some of the other patrons. Service by wait staff was good, food was ok, but we could not hear the music from the room we were in. At the church mass I felt for the locals, as their church seats were mostly taken by us, the tourists. The bus ride home was also unorganised as we stopped at two hotels and no one got off the bus. When we were dropped off the bus was not allowed in that street so we had to walk for five minutes in the dark and the cold to get back to our hotel. I would not recommend this tour - a dinner at a nice restaurant in town would have been better and more value for money. Not a nice memorable Christmas dinner at all!
The dinner was not in a palace but rather in a convention center right next to an apartment complex.. The church was not in the woods but right in town. Very disappointing and over priced.