- Private wine tasting in Vienna at Bitzinger’s Augustinerkeller
- Enjoy tastings of four different wines – two whites and two reds
- Soak up the historic ambience of the traditional Augustinerkeller, partially located in the vaults of Vienna’s old city wall
- Learn a bit about the wines, including the different grape varieties that go into them like riesling and merlot
- Discover what makes Austria’s wine country a good grape-growing region
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the Augustinerkeller to begin your wine-tasting experience. Located beneath the Albertina museum, the restaurants sits inside the well-preserved vaults built into Vienna’s old defense wall.
Head to the wine-tasting shop, where you'll enjoy an atmosphere of rustic brick walls and a crystal chandelier, designed by renowned architect Hans Hollein. Settle into your reserved seat and enjoy a sampling of a chardonnay, a white blend, a merlot and a pinot noir, all hailing from the region. Learn about the wines from your server as you sip, and nibble an accompanying snack of bread with pepper spread.
If you’d like to stay for a meal after your tasting (own expense), notify your server to continue your afternoon or evening with more wine, traditional dishes and live music.