- 2-hour walking tour of Naschmarkt in Vienna
- Explore the centuries-old market’s wide variety of produce, spices, cheese, bread and more
- Get a taste of both Austria and the world as you sample local and international specialties
- Enjoy the energetic atmosphere of the market, beloved by both locals and visitors
- Hear cooking tips from your local guide about how to use exotic spices to prepare your next meal
- Small-group tour limited to 10 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide through the market, stopping at various stalls to try samples; what you taste will vary depending on the day, but the range of local produce and international specialties could include blood-red pomegranates, Viennese cucumbers, Middle Eastern kebabs or exotic spices.
As you walk, pass by lively restaurants full of locals and marvel at the variety of food offered at stalls that will take you from Austria to the Mediterranean to Asia and back again. Plus, learn insider tips on how to use certain herbs and spices in your cooking back home!
Peter, our guide, met us at the beginning of the market and gave us our very own tasting spoons for the tour. We then began ambling through the market, with him describing foods, the processes involved in making them, their histories, where they come from, and how to use them in all kinds of dishes at home. His culinary background definitely shines through as he describes fabulous cooking ideas and spice combinations. We were the only 2 on the tour, so it was very personal, and Peter answered all the questions we threw at him. This tour was a delightful part of our Vienna visit and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the city!
Outstanding tour...Peter our tour guide met us just outside the subway stop at the entrance to the farmers market. We strolled through the farmers market for the next 2 hours. He is a chef by training...and took us into various shops to sample honey, vinegar, cheese, meats and other delicious food. We also stopped along the way for coffee. Highly recommend if you are a foodie.