- 2-hour evening tour of Old Town Vienna, followed by an optional dinner
- Enjoy a leisurely paced walk through Vienna’s atmospheric historical center
- See Heroes’ Square, St Augustine’s Church, Mozart's House and St Stephen’s Cathedral
- Make the most of photo opportunities at Vienna Opera House and Hofburg Palace
- Hear stories about Vienna’s fascinating history from an expert local guide
- Upgrade to enjoy a traditional Viennese dinner after the walking tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start at Naschmarkt, one of Vienna's most popular markets, and walk to the stately Vienna Opera House, impressive Hofburg Palace and Heroes’ Square, where Hitler gave his infamous ‘Anschluss’ speech to the Austrians in 1938.
View St Augustine's Church, where many members of the Habsburg dynasty married during the 18th and 19th centuries, and continue your stroll through the city to see Mozart's House, Jesuit Church, St Stephen's Cathedral and the old city walls at Stubentor.
Your last stop is at the Stadtpark (Vienna's city park) for photos by the Johann Strauss monument, a statue that celebrates the famous composer.
Tour plus Dinner:
Follow your evening walk with a traditional Austrian dinner! Head to a quaint local restaurant and sit down with your group to enjoy Wiener schnitzel and apple strudel — the quintessential Austrian meal.
Main course (choice of one):
- Wiener Schnitzel with fries and salad (nut-free)
- Huhnerfilet (Chicken Breast) : Grilled Chicken breast, served with vegetables, rice and salad garnish.
- Naturschnitzel ( Natural Schnitzel): Pan chicken with breadcrumbs, served with parsley potatoes. ( No salad)
- Kasespatzle ( Cheese gnocchi): Cheese noodle casserole, garnished with caramelized onions, and served with salad.
- Apple strudel with whipped cream (vegetarian)
We had fun at this-- Horst was our guide- there was a little mix up w the meeting place, not his fault. We sailed on and the history of Vienna is fascinating. He took us on a local tour too and gave some great insight from his point of view as a native Vienna dweller. I really enjoyed the mix of history and the personal touch. This is why I booked this type of tour-- to get that local perspective. Definitely do the dinner add on-- huge portions of Wienerschnitzel! Just a great night and a great way to see the city at night with a group of folks. Loved it! Highly recommend.
Walter did a wonderful job - both informative and humorous. The dinner afterwards was very good as well
very good guide funny and informative . good meal
Overall it was amazing!
The tour guide was so fun in explaining the historical sites even gave us recommendation where to eat cake and local dish!
Effective.. Ended 10 minutes earlier to headed to the local dinner in a decent local resto to have very nice schnitzel and big beers..
This was a fabulous tour. The lady who took the tour was very engaging and informative and I learnt new things about Austrian history. I booked the meal afterwards. Was fabulous schnitzel in a lovely local restaurant. Would thoroughly reccomend.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 hour walking tour with Horst. He is very knowledgeable,friendly and witty and a real nice guy. He has a great love of his city and culture and this comes across. We were quite a large group but he makes sure everyone can hear. We opted to join the group for the meal afterwards which was a lovely way to end the evening.
Great tour, fine mixture of historical facts, insider tips and local humor :
Again, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour led by a lively gentleman! He shared with the tour group a lot of additional information as to the best places to eat, drink, etc. Not to mention, he was very knowledgeable as to the subject matter i.e. Vienna Old Town! Highly recommended tour top catch a glimpse of Old Town Vienna in a few hours.
very good tour very much recommended we did this on our first day in vienna and really helped us to get to know the city .finding the meeting palace can be a little confusing for people who are new to the city