- Visit Trakai castle and museum
- Experience the beauty of Lithuania's landscape
- Learn more about Lithuania's history and culture
- Free time for shopping and relaxing
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Trakai CastlePhoto by: Mehmet Yusuf Y
Turkey, 08 2013
- Trakai CastlePhoto by: Peter M
- Trakai CastlePhoto by: LE DINH T
- Trakai tripPhoto by: LE DINH T
- Trakai LakePhoto by: LE DINH T
- Castle Photo 2Photo by: mattyhouser
- Castle PhotoPhoto by: mattyhouser
What You Can Expect
Trakai is also home to Karaites, a Turkish ethnic group practicing a religion akin to Judaism, who came to Lithuania from the Crimea in the 14th century as warriors for Grand Duke Vytautas. Today the country's smallest ethnic minority counts under 300 members.
A great trip, we loved it
Very informative and a wonderful place to visit. Although it was rebuild and not authentic as originally was but its very nice. It was a hot sunny day around 34 decrees celsius. As everyone can expect food take away outside are too expensive but on all it was an excellent and informative tour
It was great. Worth seeing place. Great guide, very punctual organization.
The bus ride out of the city was interesting as we joined various groups. In the end the drive to the Castle went smooth. Our guide walked us through the main fortress and gave us information on the various rooms and overall history. Afterwards you have free time to walk through the museum, shop or grab a bite to eat.
Excellent tour! Worth the money.
Fabulous tour. Our guide Julia was very knowledgable and funny. Plenty of time to see the castle and have lunch. Highly recommended.
Beautiful area and very pleasant and informative guides!
Best tour of all in Lithuainia. Magnificent view of the castle!
lovely castle on the lake, very pretty and a pleasant area to spend some time. tour was good and so was our guide, Victoria.
I was very pleased with the tour. There were several things that I liked the most:
- The Guide was Knowledgeable
- Information was given before arriving
- Information and Summaries were given after
- The castle tour itself was good.
I was pleased to have about an hour to roam on my own and take photos. Here is a link to some of my photos: http://yonaitis.shutterfly.com/14277