- 4-hour private communist Warsaw tour by Nysa 522 car
- Hear about significant events in Poland’s communist history, like the soviet-run elections after the Second World War
- Walk through Constitution Square (Plac Konstytucji) and learn about its socialist architecture
- Visit key communist sites such as the Palace of Culture and Science (PKiN building)
- Head inside a typical communist-era flat and sample snacks reminiscent of Poland’s socialist days
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you are a history enthusiast, this tour is an absolute must-do experience! You will gain an insight into Warsaw's communist days that no history book can provide.
What You Can Expect
Head first through the socialist architecture of Constitution Square and gaze up at the impressive Ministry of Agriculture on Wspólna Street. Then, check out one of the city’s most famous Stalinist skyscrapers, the Palace of Culture and Science. Learn why Varsovians refer to the structure as the ‘elephant in lacy underwear,’ as you step inside to explore.
Continue to the Central Committee of the Polish United Workers’ Party, the group’s headquarters during communist rule. Delve deeper into the period’s politics and disputes before heading to a communist-era apartment.
Inside, enjoy a taste of traditional snacks characteristic of the 1950s and 60s, complemented by a shot of local vodka. Watch a few brief communist propaganda films before hopping back inside your Nysa 522. After four hours, your tour will conclude at your Warsaw hotel.
Best experience ever. Highly recommended. A guide with knowledge AND skills to tell us the stories in a way available for us all. Ie no need to have a history phd. Fun, easygoing and at the same time a fascination journey through a time in history that most of us outside Poland never really knew a lot about. Thanks!
This tour was amazing!
car ride was jerky, but tour was good. Guide was informative