Book and save 18% off the local price. Book with us and save!
- Admission to Madame Tussauds, Washington DC
- Flash your best smile with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama
- Go "Behind the Scenes" and discover how wax figures are made and cared for
- Learn about the 250 year old history of founder, Marie Grosholtz Tussaud
- Take a photo in the exact replica of the White House's Oval Office, where national decisions are made
- See the stars of Hollywood, including Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Morgan Freeman and more
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Pops talking it over with ...Photo by: rl75237
- Princess Sariah crossing over ...Photo by: rl75237
- President Lydon Baines ...Photo by: Mary H
- General Colin PowellPhoto by: Mary H
- Hillary Rodham ClintonPhoto by: Mary H
- Presidents? Bill and Hillary ...Photo by: Mary H
- First Lady Michelle Obama of ...Photo by: Mary H
- President Barak ObamaPhoto by: Mary H
- Warrior Prince Harry of WalesPhoto by: Mary H
- Country music diva Taylor ...Photo by: Mary H
- The King of Pop thrills ...Photo by: Mary H
- Lady Gaga wows the crowd at ...Photo by: Mary H
What You Can Expect
This was our last stop on our tour of DC and it was great fun. Having the tickets ahead of time made it super easy to get in. Had a lot of fun taking pictures with the Presidents and J Edgar Hoover :
Great wax figures...especially of all 44 presidents! They also just added some members of the British Royal Family that you can get your pictures taken with. No problems with the online ticket purchase, either. Just elk on up to the counter, and you're admitted!
I've enjoyed Madame Tussaud's wax museums since I visited my first one in Las Vegas back in the 90s. Since then I have visited the original Madame Tussaud's in London and the one in New York as well. The DC incarnation is divided evenly between history all the presidents of the United States and a few other historical figures as well and current celebrities that have entertained presidents or participated in events in our nations capital at some point. I saw wax sculptures of the presidents at another wax museum near Mount Rushmore but I think the sculptures at this Madame Tussaud's looked more realistic and much more like formal portraits of the presidents I have seen. As for the celebrities, I think I liked the figure of Michael Jackson best, having the most expression on his face and in his pose. The George Clooney and Julia Roberts figures appear to be copies of the sculptures in the same poses that I saw in London. I think the figures of John F. Kennedy and Jaqueline were also quite similar to those in London although I thought our JFK seemed a little more natural.
Of course I was quite excited to see the sculptures of Barak and Michelle Obama and the warrior prince Harry and the new Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. I also thought the figure of Queen Elizabeth II had more of a sparkle in her eyes than the one I had seen in London.
My only disappointment was that the Obamas and British royals were behind a barrier in the photo session promotional area and the photographer there would not let me take individual photos of them when I went into the area to have my picture taken.
Overall, though, I enjoyed myself immensely as I was sure I would!
Awesome place. So real!, best time ever!
Excellent...Nothing to add...
Tamika N USA
Laurie D USA
It was very interesting to see all the american presidents. There is also the possibility to make your own wax hands 10 . We have done this and it was quite funny.
We spent great time there.
I recommend it.
A little crowded, but enjoyable.
$23.26 Save $4.27