- Admission to Madame Tussauds, Washington DC
- Flash your best smile with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama
- Go "Behind the Scenes" and discover how wax figures are made and cared for
- Learn about the 250 year old history of founder, Marie Grosholtz Tussaud
- Take a photo in the exact replica of the White House's Oval Office, where national decisions are made
- See the stars of Hollywood, including Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Morgan Freeman and more
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Pops talking it over with ...Photo by: rl75237
- Princess Sariah crossing over ...Photo by: rl75237
- President Lydon Baines ...Photo by: Mary H
- General Colin PowellPhoto by: Mary H
- Hillary Rodham ClintonPhoto by: Mary H
- Presidents? Bill and Hillary ...Photo by: Mary H
- First Lady Michelle Obama of ...Photo by: Mary H
- President Barak ObamaPhoto by: Mary H
- Warrior Prince Harry of WalesPhoto by: Mary H
- Country music diva Taylor ...Photo by: Mary H
- The King of Pop thrills ...Photo by: Mary H
- Lady Gaga wows the crowd at ...Photo by: Mary H
What You Can Expect
Have you ever wondered how Madame Tussauds makes the wax figures look so real? Go 'Behind the Scenes' and learn some of the trade secrets. Check your own hand-eye coordination in the Feel Like a Sculptor interactive test and compare your hands, feet and eyes to lifelike replicas of celebrities and world leaders. Come visit and experience the art behind Madame Tussauds incredible wax figures.
If you want a break from politics, world history and want to check-in with Hollywood's A-listers, walk through the Glamor section. Step into a chic nightclub setting and mingle with Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts and many more at a high profile celebrity party. Take photos with Will Smith, dance with Jennifer Lopez or sing with Beyonce.
You traveled through history, went behind the scenes to learn some of the trade secrets and attended a high profile celebrity party, you are finally ready to get physical with your favorite sports stars. Be coached by Evander Holyfield as you box the reactive light beams. Test your short game by helping Tiger Woods line up his next putt for birdie. Stop by America's 'sweetheart', Katie Couric for an exclusive interview while friends and family watch on a nearby TV monitor.
Great wax figures...especially of all 44 presidents! They also just added some members of the British Royal Family that you can get your pictures taken with. No problems with the online ticket purchase, either. Just elk on up to the counter, and you're admitted!
I've enjoyed Madame Tussaud's wax museums since I visited my first one in Las Vegas back in the 90s. Since then I have visited the original Madame Tussaud's in London and the one in New York as well. The DC incarnation is divided evenly between history all the presidents of the United States and a few other historical figures as well and current celebrities that have entertained presidents or participated in events in our nations capital at some point. I saw wax sculptures of the presidents at another wax museum near Mount Rushmore but I think the sculptures at this Madame Tussaud's looked more realistic and much more like formal portraits of the presidents I have seen. As for the celebrities, I think I liked the figure of Michael Jackson best, having the most expression on his face and in his pose. The George Clooney and Julia Roberts figures appear to be copies of the sculptures in the same poses that I saw in London. I think the figures of John F. Kennedy and Jaqueline were also quite similar to those in London although I thought our JFK seemed a little more natural.
Of course I was quite excited to see the sculptures of Barak and Michelle Obama and the warrior prince Harry and the new Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. I also thought the figure of Queen Elizabeth II had more of a sparkle in her eyes than the one I had seen in London.
My only disappointment was that the Obamas and British royals were behind a barrier in the photo session promotional area and the photographer there would not let me take individual photos of them when I went into the area to have my picture taken.
Overall, though, I enjoyed myself immensely as I was sure I would!
Awesome place. So real!, best time ever!
Excellent...Nothing to add...
A little crowded, but enjoyable.
My daughter and I took this tour and thought it was neat but were upset that Johnny Depp's wax figure wasn't on display one of the reasons we booked the tour in the first place.
It was a self-guided tour, however, worth booking in advance.
$22.00 Save $3.01