Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group Segway tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 3-hour Washington DC Segway tour during the National Cherry Blossom Festival
- Hear of the festival's origins, when cherry trees were given to the city as a gift from the Japanese
- Glide around Tidal Basin and admire the delicate pink foliage of the cherry blossom trees
- Pass the National Mall and see historical monuments and memorials such as the Martin Luther King Memorial
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention at all times
What You Can Expect
A long-standing city tradition, the festival is held in March each year to celebrate the occasion when Japanese cherry trees were gifted to the city from Japan. Symbolizing the friendship between the two nations as well as the start of spring, the festival showcases some 3,000 blossoms spread around the city.
Glide around the edge of Tidal Basin, stopping to admire the pretty pink blossoms against the reservoir, and head past the National Mall and Washington Monument, the obelisk that commemorates the first American president. Weave through the crowds to see more of the city’s poignant monuments such as the Martin Luther King Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial, and stop for photos against a backdrop of leafy pink trees.
After three hours of scouting out the city’s most impressive cherry blossom trees, return to the start point where your tour finishes.