- Washington DC Trolley Tour
- Hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like
- Explore Washington DC at your leisure with a one-day ticket on the DC trolley
- See the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace
- Washington DC trolley is the easiest way to get around town
- Upgrade to the 2-day pass
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Great for first-time visitors! The trolleys travel three different routes to all the biggest sights and depart regularly throughout the day. A simple, flexible and inexpensive way to explore the city.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 056Photo by: Jovanka P
- Union StationPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Capitol BuildingPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Washington MonumentPhoto by: Nancy M
USA, 08 2008
- The White HousePhoto by: Dawn D
- We visited from DE with our ...Photo by: Fa L
- washington DC 23AUG14Photo by: RAGHAVAN VIJAY V
- VietnamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- Guerra VietmamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- me and the monumentPhoto by: Latifah M
- DC tourPhoto by: Latifah M
- Beautiful view from the ...Photo by: Kathleen W
- IMG_6464Photo by: Kathleen W
- Enjoying the ride!Photo by: Kathleen W
- The White HousePhoto by: Michelle M V
- Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal ...Photo by: Deborah K
- The National Cathedral ...Photo by: Deborah K
- Washington Monument with the ...Photo by: Carol B
- Monument at Executive Office ...Photo by: Jennifer O
- Old AbePhoto by: Mary C
What You Can Expect
With easy transportation, you can see the attractions that most interest you at your own pace. Plus, enjoy the trolley system’s GPS tracking, allowing you to find out nearby trolley stops and the next arrival and call in if you need assistance (no phone app is required).
Orange loop: National Mall and Downtown
Traverses the National Mall with stops at all of the Smithsonian Museum buildings, plus Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, FDR Memorial, the US Capitol and the Supreme Court
Green loop: National Cathedral and Uptown
Travels uptown to the National Zoo and National Cathedral, and stops at the White House and White House Visitor Center
- Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
- White House Visitors Center: the White House Visitor Center, the White House, National Aquarium
- National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, US Navy Memorial
- Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
- US Capitol, US Supreme Court, Library of Congress
- Air and Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, US Botanic Gardens
- Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
- Museum of American History, Washington Monument
- Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
- Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
- White House Gifts
- National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
- Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
- Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
- National Cathedral (open daily 10am-4pm; tours available daily)
- Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
- Chinatown, National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
Enjoyed the various tour guides - interesting personalities and always very helpful. Nice two days and very convenient to see many of the top sites in DC.
Convenient way to get an overview of the city upon arrival. Informative and fun.
Wonderful guides with a great deal of knowledge and very funny. Best Tour ever!
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour. The driver was excellent and was very interesting. Made the trip very nice.
Timothy K United States of ...
This is a great tour and a good way to get around to the various national memorials.
This was a very gud tour. Everything from the time management, to the content and drive around was superb. We even got time to cover a guided tour of the Capitol Hill and still manage to cover the rest of the spots on the ride. Strongly recommend for all first timers especially if u are on 1-2 days visit.
Lastly as a family this the second time we used Viator , the first was last year being in Paris Effiel tower tour and we have found you guys to be very professional and value for money, so keep up the gud work and meet u soon in another destination!
It was a great tour and was a huge help in just getting around the city. The drivers were very informative and helpful too. Would highly recommend.
JHarris United States of ...
Our experience was great. We decided to stay on for a full loop to prioritize our stops, see everything, and hear the full tour before getting off. Our driver was ARTIE-FACTS He was AMAZING. Clear and concise, full of information, and his manner was most enjoyable. We felt like we'd made the best choice possible. Later in our day, and on our second day, as we'd been on and off a few with different drivers, we kept comparing to Artie. None were as good, but they all were good, helpful, and friendly. Artie-Facts was absolutely a bonus and if all were like him, this would be the ONLY choice. I also should mention MONIQUE She was the one who answered the phone locally several times as we called to check on times, stops, etc. She was most patient and friendly on the phone and gave great help. I would recommend this tour highly for anyone travelling to DC for the first time and trying to cover as much as possible in a short time. It helped us tremendously. I am a single mom and was travelling with my teenage son. We loved this tour. There were some groups on the bus at times I wish had been more considerate as they chatted with themselves as if it weren't important to hear what the driver was saying. My only critique: it be said in advance this is ill-advised on the tour - same as sticking arms out the window etc....
All the drivers are courteous, friendly and ver, very knowledgable. We also took the moonlight tour and that was extremely enjoyable thanks to the driver, Vince. He really made some little known history come to life.
The drivers were so knowledgeable. They did
everything they could to make sure you got where you wanted to go. Would definitely use this service again.