- Washington DC Trolley Tour
- Hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like
- Explore Washington DC at your leisure with a one-day ticket on the DC trolley
- See the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace
- Washington DC trolley is the easiest way to get around town
- Upgrade to the 2-day pass
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Great for first-time visitors! The trolleys travel three different routes to all the biggest sights and depart regularly throughout the day. A simple, flexible and inexpensive way to explore the city.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 056Photo by: Jovanka P
- Union StationPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Capitol BuildingPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Washington MonumentPhoto by: Nancy M
USA, 08 2008
- The White HousePhoto by: Dawn D
- We visited from DE with our ...Photo by: Fa L
- washington DC 23AUG14Photo by: RAGHAVAN VIJAY V
- VietnamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- Guerra VietmamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- me and the monumentPhoto by: Latifah M
- DC tourPhoto by: Latifah M
- Beautiful view from the ...Photo by: Kathleen W
- IMG_6464Photo by: Kathleen W
- Enjoying the ride!Photo by: Kathleen W
- The White HousePhoto by: Michelle M V
- Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal ...Photo by: Deborah K
- The National Cathedral ...Photo by: Deborah K
- Washington Monument with the ...Photo by: Carol B
- Monument at Executive Office ...Photo by: Jennifer O
- Old AbePhoto by: Mary C
What You Can Expect
With easy transportation, you can see the attractions that most interest you at your own pace. Plus, enjoy the trolley system’s GPS tracking, allowing you to find out nearby trolley stops and the next arrival and call in if you need assistance (no phone app is required).
Orange loop: National Mall and Downtown
Traverses the National Mall with stops at all of the Smithsonian Museum buildings, plus Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, FDR Memorial, the US Capitol and the Supreme Court
Green loop: National Cathedral and Uptown
Travels uptown to the National Zoo and National Cathedral, and stops at the White House and White House Visitor Center
Red loop: Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle (10- to 15-minute ride)
Shuttles between Arlington National Cemetery and Lincoln Memorial; the last return shuttle from the cemetery is 4:30pm
- Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
- White House Visitors Center: the White House Visitor Center, the White House, National Aquarium
- National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, US Navy Memorial
- Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
- US Capitol, US Supreme Court, Library of Congress
- Air and Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, US Botanic Gardens
- Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
- Museum of American History, Washington Monument
- Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
- Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
- White House Gifts
- National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
- Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
- Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
- National Cathedral (open daily 10am-4pm; tours available daily)
- Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
- Chinatown, National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
It was great being able to see all the important stops and to be able to get off and on right where we wanted. It was very worth the extra money maid the trip so much easier.
Excellent job. Duchess and especially Sooner Steve did a fantastic job. Thank you!
The tour guides were so knowledgeable! It was so worth the price. Maybe the only thing you could add to the list of pickup spots is the intersection that they are located.
The professor, Legacy, sooner Steve were full of information and entertaining.
The tour guides are fun and knowledgeable. There are plenty of trolleys so you don't have to wait much between stops. The trolleys are comfortable and shelter you from the sun.
5 Star Rating......Very helpful, very timely. Great way to navigate DC
This tour was amazing!
We were able to utilize this service for 1 day only but it was well worth the cost especially being able to go to Arlington and the National Cathedral. Staff were extremely helpful and cordial.
Narration by the drivers was excellent. Buses were on schedule.
Our driver/guide was fantastic. He made the whole experience much better. We were on the orange line at around 12:00 noon.