Discover Washington DC at your leisure with a one-day ticket on the Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour. Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace. Upgrade to the 2-day pass!
This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find the your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
- Washington DC Trolley Tour
- Hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like
- Explore Washington DC at your leisure with a one-day ticket on the DC trolley
- See the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace
- Washington DC trolley is the easiest way to get around town
- Upgrade to the 2-day pass
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Great for first-time visitors! The trolleys travel three different routes to all the biggest sights and depart regularly throughout the day. A simple, flexible and inexpensive way to explore the city.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 056Photo by: Jovanka P
- Union StationPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Capitol BuildingPhoto by: William B
USA, 08 2009
- Washington MonumentPhoto by: Nancy M
USA, 08 2008
- The White HousePhoto by: Dawn D
- We visited from DE with our ...Photo by: Fa L
- VietnamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- Guerra VietmamPhoto by: ANABEL G
- me and the monumentPhoto by: Latifah M
- DC tourPhoto by: Latifah M
- Beautiful view from the ...Photo by: Kathleen W
- IMG_6464Photo by: Kathleen W
- Enjoying the ride!Photo by: Kathleen W
- The White HousePhoto by: Michelle M V
- Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal ...Photo by: Deborah K
- The National Cathedral ...Photo by: Deborah K
- Washington Monument with the ...Photo by: Carol B
- Monument at Executive Office ...Photo by: Jennifer O
- Old AbePhoto by: Mary C
- The CapitolPhoto by: Tonia R
What You Can Expect
The Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour is the easiest way to get around town. You can hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like. Trolleys depart every 30 minutes. This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
There are three trolley routes:
National Mall and Downtown - Orange Loop
The orange line traverses the National Mall with stops at all the Smithsonian Museum buildings, as well as the national monuments and memorials: Lincoln, FDR, Washington, Jefferson, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, United States Capitol and Supreme Court buildings.
National Cathedral and Uptown- Green Loop
The green line travels uptown to visit the National Zoo and Washington National Cathedral. Finally, the green line stops at the White House and White House Visitor Center.
Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle - Red Loop (10 - 15 minute ride)
The Arlington Cemetery line shuttles between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington Cemetery.
* The last return shuttle from Arlington National Cemetery is at 4:30pm
ALLOWED TIME TO SEE THINGS AND TROLLEYS WERE ON TIME
A great way to get around the city!! The GPS feature was extremely helpful.
Wonderful- we had several drivers so could not pick one particular person out. All were easy to listen to, were amusing and from each we gained additional interesting information.
With having roll-up blinds in lieu of windows made vision easier and perfect for photography. Wanted to then do the night tour - but unfortunately it rained. We had not booked it but because we so loved the day tour we wanted more. Great tour.
Book this ... Now!
Great way to get around and not worry about parking. Drivers are great and have lots of information
Great way to see all the sights of Washington.,All drivers were knowledgeable and great jokes.
Altogether tImely and professional service,
My son and great nephew were the ones utilizing the tour. They enjoyed the comments and loved the experience.
The guides were very knowledgeable, friendly, funny and helpful. I would highly recommend this tour!
Loved Washington and the Hop-on Hop-off trolley tour made it all so easy. Would recommend it to everyone
They even saved my camera bag when I left it on the bus! Excellent!