- 2-hour buffet lunch and dance cruise in Washington DC
- See Washington DC's highlights, including the Washington Monument and Admiral's Row
- Cruise under the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, the only active drawbridge on the Potomac River
- Pass by Alexandria, first settled in the 1600s by Scottish and English tobacco merchants
Some highlights you will see along the way include the 555-foot (169-meter) Washington Monument, the world’s tallest free-standing stone sculpture. Pass by the Reagan National Airport, one of the busiest airports in the US with an average of one flight every 30 seconds during peak periods!
You'll also cruise by Alexandria, Virginia. Alexandria was first established in the 1600s by tobacco merchants from Scotland and England. Additionally, you’ll see the Torpedo Factory, pass by Admiral's Row, cruise under the famous Woodrow Wilson Bridge, view the US Naval Research Lab and more!
Please see below for a sample buffet lunch menu.
- Harvest salad station featuring field harvest mixed greens with vine-ripe tomato, hot house cucumbers, toasted sunflower seeds, shredded cheddar cheese, herb-toasted croutons, smoked bacon and garbanzo beans served with your choice of dressing
- Country farm potato salad with crisp celery, onions and roasted sweet pimentos tossed with a homemade Dijon mayonnaise
- Fresco Tuscany pasta salad tossed with farm-fresh peppers, sweet onion and herb vinaigrette
- Culinary creations from the kitchen, the daily creation from the chef using the freshest seasonal ingredients
- Oven-baked tilapia fillet with classic lobster sherry cream sauce
- Herb-infused rotisserie chicken, lightly seasoned and infused with a traditional blend of herbs and spices
- Apricot-glazed pork loin, rubbed with special jerk seasoning, slowly simmered and finished with a sweet apricot rice-wine glaze
- Smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese with savory smoked Gouda, mild and sharp cheddar cheeses mixed with gemelli pasta, topped with panko bread crumbs
- Garlic mashed potatoes made from red bliss potatoes finished with a hint of roasted garlic and a touch of light cream
- Local harvest vegetables, a seasonal medley of locally-sourced vegetables, lightly seasoned and steamed
- Freshly baked breads and butter
- Chocolate mousse truffle with moist layers of rich chocolate mousse and cake, enrobed in a decadent chocolate ganache, topped with a drizzle of white chocolate
- Vanilla bean cheesecake, a rich New York style cheesecake topped with layers of moist cake, vanilla bean mousse and a white chocolate ganache, finished with a caramel drizzle
- Coffee, hot tea, iced tea and water
- Additional beverages are available for purchase
Reviewed by baker joe, USA, December 2012
was the best we have been on for the price. Good food, good entertainment.
Reviewed by Carol G, November 2012
Excellent trip out the food was good we had an excellent table and our waitress was lovely, we were lucky as it was a beautiful day so could go up on deck for a while and enjoy the lovely views and sunshine. The entertainment on board was also very good would highly recommend.