- Washington DC money-saving combo of hop-on hop-off trolley tour and guided night trolley tour
- See top Washington DC attractions including the White House, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument by day and night
- Visit major DC landmarks at your leisure on hop-on hop-off trolleys, getting on and off at any of 20 stops
- Admire the city all lit up at night on a guided night trolley tour packed with fun facts and stories
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board your trolley at any of its 20 stops throughout Washington DC and use your included guidebook to help plan your day. Travel three different routes and listen to onboard commentary on the sights you pass, hopping on and off as often as you like. Since the trolleys run every half hour from morning to evening, they're a convenient way to get around the city and cover all the must-do sights! This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find the your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
There are three different trolley routes (see Itinerary for a complete list of stops):
National Mall and Downtown (Orange Loop) The orange line travels along the National Mall with stops at all the Smithsonian Museum buildings, as well as the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, United States Capitol and Supreme Court buildings.
National Cathedral, Uptown and Georgetown (Green Loop ) The green line goes uptown to the National Zoo and National Cathedral. It then takes you through Embassy Row on its way to historic Georgetown, Washington's oldest neighborhood that is a hot spot for shopping and dining. Finally, the green line goes to the White House and White House Visitor Center.
Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle (Red Loop; 10-15 minutes) The Arlington Cemetery line shuttles between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. The last return shuttle from Arlington National Cemetery is at 4:30pm.
Guided Night Trolley Tour
After a day of touring the city on your own, meet your guide at 7:30pm at Union Station and board your trolley to begin your 2.5-hour narrated night tour of more than 100 attractions. Be dazzled by the sight of floodlit landmarks including the White House, Washington Monument, FDR Memorial, Korean War Veteran's Memorial and Iwo Jima.
As you travel the streets of the US capital, your guide will share historical facts, engaging anecdotes and spooky ghost stories. By the time you return to Union Station, you'll have seen many of the city's can't-miss sights with this money-saving combo that's the perfect balance between free time and guided sightseeing.
Please note: If certain attractions are closed, your guide will recommend alternative routes.
* Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
* The White House Visitors Center: The White House Visitor Center, The White House, National Aquarium
* National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, the United States Navy Memorial
* Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
* US Capitol, US Supreme Court, Library of Congress
* Air & Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, U.S. Botanic Gardens
* Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving & Printing
* Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
* Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
* Museum of American History, Washington Monument
* Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
* Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
* White House Gifts
* National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
* Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
* Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
* National Cathedral: Open daily 10am - 4pm, tours available daily
* Georgetown University, Old Stone House
* Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House Grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
* Chinatown, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
my cousin and I really enjoyed the tours. We booked a hop on, hop off day trip followed by a night tour in DC. The drivers were very knowledgeable about the city. The night tour driver was especially good giving many tidbits about each monument to make sure to see. We would highly recommend these tours, especially if you have a limited amount of time to spend in DC.
We had a great time in Washington. We decided to do this tour both day and night. Our only mistake was spending too much time seeing all the sights during the day. It was too long of a day because the night tour just repeated all the stops we had seen during the day. Cudos to the staff that helped us get back to Union Station. We missed the last shuttle and they ran a special loop out to get us saving us a lot of steps to get back to the pickup point. Thanks again to them.
A fantastic way to get around and see the sights of this impressive city. Trolleys run regularly all day up until around 5 and drop off and pick up at key locations. Guides are knowledgeable and entertaining. The Moonlight Tour paces itself with a couple of stops that you can get off at and walk about at before continuing and gives you a different view of the city than the day tour. Trolleys are open-sided but have plastic roll-down covers for when it rains, although this does limit the view!
Both the day and night tour were great and we were very impressed with the tour guide as we were waiting at the wrong spot for the bus and when we hailed him he just stopped and picked us up. loved Washington with all the memorials and beautiful buildings and thoroughly enjoyed the illuminations of the memorials at night. Weather was perfect and hot.
Fantastic tour. Totally enjoyed the hop on hop off trolley. Very informative and delightful trolley drivers. The night tour was very scenic and enjoyed every moment
Great way to see DC at your own pace. We really enjoyed the different drivers comments as well.
Loved the fact that we could get on and off where and when we wanted. the drivers were very informative.
Dancing Mike, Smiley, and Anthony were all superb tour guides--appreciated their great narratives!!
This tour was amazing!!!' Mr. History was very informative and knowledgeable!!!! We bought another one for Arlington we'll see if it would be as good.... We all loved this one
Our tour was perfect! Our tour guide, VINCE, was incredible! We had toured the same areas during the day with a tour guide, but Vince artistically wove details ( so many we had not heard during the day) into the history surrounding each monument in such a way that every site will be unforgettable!
$87.98 Save $9.99