- Washington DC money-saving combo of hop-on hop-off trolley tour and guided night trolley tour
- See top Washington DC attractions including the White House, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument by day and night
- Visit major DC landmarks at your leisure on hop-on hop-off trolleys, getting on and off at any of 20 stops
- Admire the city all lit up at night on a guided night trolley tour packed with fun facts and stories
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board your trolley at any of its 20 stops throughout Washington DC and use your included guidebook to help plan your day. Travel three different routes and listen to onboard commentary on the sights you pass, hopping on and off as often as you like. Since the trolleys run every half hour from morning to evening, they're a convenient way to get around the city and cover all the must-do sights! This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find the your next trolley arrival, nearby trolley stops, and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.
There are three different trolley routes (see Itinerary for a complete list of stops):
National Mall and Downtown (Orange Loop) The orange line travels along the National Mall with stops at all the Smithsonian Museum buildings, as well as the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, United States Capitol and Supreme Court buildings.
National Cathedral, Uptown and Georgetown (Green Loop ) The green line goes uptown to the National Zoo and National Cathedral. It then takes you through Embassy Row on its way to historic Georgetown, Washington's oldest neighborhood that is a hot spot for shopping and dining. Finally, the green line goes to the White House and White House Visitor Center.
Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle (Red Loop; 10-15 minutes) The Arlington Cemetery line shuttles between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. The last return shuttle from Arlington National Cemetery is at 4:30pm.
Guided Night Trolley Tour
After a day of touring the city on your own, meet your guide at 7:30pm at Union Station and board your trolley to begin your 2.5-hour narrated night tour of more than 100 attractions. Be dazzled by the sight of floodlit landmarks including the White House, Washington Monument, FDR Memorial, Korean War Veteran's Memorial and Iwo Jima.
As you travel the streets of the US capital, your guide will share historical facts, engaging anecdotes and spooky ghost stories. By the time you return to Union Station, you'll have seen many of the city's can't-miss sights with this money-saving combo that's the perfect balance between free time and guided sightseeing.
Please note: If certain attractions are closed, your guide will recommend alternative routes.
* Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
* The White House Visitors Center: The White House Visitor Center, The White House, National Aquarium
* National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, the United States Navy Memorial
* Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
* US Capitol, US Supreme Court, Library of Congress
* Air & Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, U.S. Botanic Gardens
* Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving & Printing
* Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
* Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
* Museum of American History, Washington Monument
* Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
* Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
* White House Gifts
* National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
* Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
* Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
* National Cathedral: Open daily 10am - 4pm, tours available daily
* Georgetown University, Old Stone House
* Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House Grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
* Chinatown, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
Outstanding, I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Washington DC. There is so much walking to do in DC, it is wonderful that you can hop on and off the trolley at your discretion. The night trip was AMAZING! Drivers were so considerate, polite, and informative. I would do it again on my next trip to DC!
Old town trolley tours in Washington DC is the best way to see DC I highly recommend the night tour and David was by far the best and most knowledgeable Tour guide...