- Day trip from Washington DC to Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery
- Great-value, full-day tour in the state of Virginia
- Explore Mount Vernon — George Washington's plantation home
- Pass by Alexandria’s famous Christ Church, attended by George Washington and Robert E. Lee
- See many historic 17th- and 18th-century homes in Old Town Alexandria
- Visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery
- Stop for a photo opportunity at the Iwo Jima Memorial
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Tomb of Unknown SoldierPhoto by: Michael P
- Mount Vernon gardensPhoto by: Jeff M
- George Washington's home at ...Photo by: Merryl D
- A trip to learn about George ...Photo by: Michelle M V
- Mount VernonPhoto by: Ernest P
- Mount Vernon FarmPhoto by: Matthew A
- DSC02960Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02957Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02946Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02917Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02865Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02855Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02833Photo by: NINA W
What You Can Expect
After lunch at Mount Vernon (not included), proceed to the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery for the Changing of the Guard ritual by members of the U.S Third Infantry. Ride the tram and stop to see the John F. Kennedy Eternal Flame, then continue on to the US Coast Guard Memorial and the United States Marine Corps War Memorial, better known as the Iwo Jima Memorial, the gravesite of John Joseph “Black Jack” Pershing, one of America's most famous Army officers, Arlington House (the Robert E. Lee Memorial) and more.
The tour ends with a return trip to Union Station.
Didn't feel hurry. Wayne shared great info.
Henry was an excellent guide and we learned a ton from him!
Our guide Wayne was fantastic! He was so helpful and full of fun information.
Great tour. Tour guide/driver was wonderful and shared a lot of interesting facts.
Thomas T United States of ...
Everyone on the trip enjoyed the driver's information and knowledge about the area we were visiting.
Thoroughly enjoyed this trip and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Washington D.C.
Excellent tour with outstanding guide/driver, Baker. He had a wealth of information on all the sites. Highly recommend.
The tour was as advertised. If you are going to DC, easily the best way to see both of these attractions is on a tour. The timing was perfect and our driver Bob was knowledgeable and friendly.
The tour was excellent. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and went out of his way to make the day as memorable, educational and interesting as possible. We thoroughly enjoyed both Mount Vernon and Arlington, and everything in between as our driver and guide described the high lights of Washington and the trip through old town Alexandria and up to Mount Vernon. We would highly recommend this tour!
It was awesome.