- Day trip from Washington DC to Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery
- Great-value, full-day tour in the state of Virginia
- Explore Mount Vernon — George Washington's plantation home
- Pass by Alexandria’s famous Christ Church, attended by George Washington and Robert E. Lee
- See many historic 17th- and 18th-century homes in Old Town Alexandria
- Visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery
- Stop for a photo opportunity at the Iwo Jima Memorial
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Tomb of Unknown SoldierPhoto by: Michael P
- Mount Vernon gardensPhoto by: Jeff M
- George Washington's home at ...Photo by: Merryl D
- A trip to learn about George ...Photo by: Michelle M V
- Mount VernonPhoto by: Ernest P
- Mount Vernon FarmPhoto by: Matthew A
- DSC02960Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02957Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02946Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02917Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02865Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02855Photo by: NINA W
- DSC02833Photo by: NINA W
What You Can Expect
Our bus driver/tour guide, Wayne, was amazing! Informative, funny, courteous, helpful, and most of all professional. My sister and I had a wonderful time from start to finish. I would definitely sign up with Viator on my next adventure!
This was a great tour. The whole experience was great. Mount Vernon was nice to see the country side. Arlington National Cemetery was very moving tour. The changing of the guard was a very emotional experience. The whole tour was more than my husband and I expected.
Excellent trip with knowledgeable driver. The museum at Mt. Vernon was interactive and delightful for a 74-year-old grandmother, a 44 year-old daddy and a 10 year-old grandson. We all enjoyed the tour of Mt. Vernon as well as Arlington. We stayed totally engaged the entire time.
We had the best tour guide ever! I would say that it would have been nice to have a little more time at Arlington. We ran out of time and weren't able to see the things we wanted there.
martaleida United States of ...
Outstanding experience. Well worth your time and money.
The bus driver driver was knowledgeable and tried to show us as much as possible on route to mt Vernon and Arlington.
Our Driver was excellent! Definitely a great trip.
Sarah B United Kingdom
Absolutely fantastic tour with a very funny and knowledgeable driver /guide, Tony.
Mount Vernon was very surreal and beautiful place which had lovely grounds.
Arlington cemetery was also breathtaking and the changing of the guard brilliant. Well worth a visit to cemetery if visiting Washington.
Had a great time on this tour. Our driver was excellent and we didn't feel rushed. Although our time at Arlington Cemetery didn't feel long enough so much to do. Our bus driver said we could stay longer, but would need to take the train back. Many of the passengers did just that, I would highly recommend that too. The best part was visiting Mount Vernon. Make sure to wait in line by the garden to get a tour of the inside of his home, we almost missed it. Also, as you head back to the food court, don't forget to stop by the small museum inside. Unfortunately, we missed it and didn't get to see some of Washington's belongings, including his dentures!
Great tour. Tour guide/driver was humorous and knowledgeable.