- Explore your favorites sites and highlights from the Lord of the Rings filming locations on this small-group tour from Wellington
- Traveling in a small group, maximum six passengers allows a unique and intimate experience
- Friendly and informative guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Wellington hotels, Wellington airport or port pickup and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Middle Earth Filming Locations Quick Tour (4 hours):
While most of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy film sets have been removed, the New Zealand scenery remains as an image of Middle Earth. Join this three hour tour and visit the film locations of the outskirts of the Shire, the Gardens of Isengard, the River Anduin and Helms Deep. Go to where the Hobbits raced to the ferry, Rivendell and beside the Fords of Isen.
Middle Earth Filming Locations Tour (8 hours):
An entertaining journey of discovery through the Wellington region. This full day tour takes in all of the sites of Middle Earth Filming Locations Quick Tour (3 hours) at a relaxed pace. Also included is lunch and even more exotic locations.
Visit the Wellington filming locations of the Shire, the Gardens of Isengard, the River Anduin, Helms Deep, Minas Tirith and where the Hobbits raced to the ferry. Be spellbound at the site of Lothlorien: the majestic Fernside Lodge. In 2000 Fernside's lake was transformed into part of Lothlorien and to beside the Gladden fields. Fernside's white bridge lives on as a reminder of the bridge of Lothlorien.
Visit Rivendell and where Aragon was washed ashore. See Miramar - production central, and where many of the stars lived during the filming and get 360 degree views of the city from the summit of Mount Victoria.