Journey into the heart of Wellington on this city sightseeing small-group tour. From its unearthly south coast to its bizarre central Beehive, the contrasts and quirkiness of Wellington's wonders are unequaled anywhere on earth. Travel by cable car to the top of Mt Victoria, visit the Parliament buildings and Te Papa - the national museum.
- Enjoy a full-day small group tour of Wellington's art, culture and natural beauty
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 6 passengers allowing a unique and intimate experience
- Stroll through NZ oldest suburb, Thorndon
- Enjoy panoramic views of Wellignton city from Mt Victoria
- Travel to Te Papa and explore the mix of Maori and European history
- Picnic lunch on the beach or at one of the famous local cafes (full day tour only)
- English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off from either the hotel, airport or port
What You Can Expect
You'll be picked up from your Wellington hotel and travel by air-conditioned luxury mini-coach. Wellington is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city that's packed with drama, beauty, and pride. This tour gives you a unique, unforgettable day in one of the world's most beautiful cities.
Travel around the earthquake-scarred south coast to see the ruins of the Wahine ferry disaster and the distant ranges of the South Island, overlooked by the coasters' houses perched on the steep, rocky hills. Enjoy the views of the harbor and Matiu Sommes Island, a deceptively pretty place where prisoners of war were quarantined during World War II.
Enjoy panoramic views of Wellington city and harbor from the top of Mt Victoria. Take a trip on the cable car, a charming and picturesque transport that is one of the few surviving in the world.
In Thorndon, New Zealand's oldest suburb, visit the magnificent Parliament buildings and gorgeous Old St Paul's Cathedral. See the famous Beehive, the seat of government.
Your sightseeing tour concludes with a visit to the national museum, Te Papa, where you can explore the interactive displays and extraordinary mix of Maori and European heritage.
Mike the Guide was terrific. We had a rainy day and he was able to modify the tour to allow us to maximize sightseeing until the weather cleared. Highly recommend this tour
Excellent tour and tour guide. Covered all major attractions and professional introductions in-depth.