- Lord of the Rings locations tour from Wellington
- Explore Middle-earth and see famous sights from The Lord of the Rings movies
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Weta workshop, the studio that produced the digital special effects for The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Enjoy a Lord of the Rings themed lunch
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This relaxed full-day tour covers a lot of ground yet allows enough time to explore Wellington's best 'Lord of the Rings' locations. A highlight is the Weta 'Window into Workshop' exhibition. This is a personalized experience led by passionate and knowledgeable 'Lord or the Rings' specialist guides
Recent Photos of This Tour
- RivendellPhoto by: Shirls
- Weta CavePhoto by: Shirls
- Two Wellington Tree Wetas ...Photo by: Gordon S
- Wellington panorama from Mt. ...Photo by: Gordon S
- and quot;Get off the road and ...Photo by: Leanne M
- Weta CavePhoto by: S F Irene H
- Nazgul on the roadPhoto by: Robert C
- Get off the road!Photo by: Robert C
- Wraith CrossingPhoto by: Gary G
- Outside the Weta CavePhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
- Get off the road!Photo by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
What You Can Expect
Great tour. Chewie, our guide, was very knowledgable and entertaining. Saw many great LOTR sites, as well as great scenery. I would recommend the full day you, much more to see.
Excellent Tour! Worth doing the full day tour as you go to several major location! Also Leslie was a great tour guide :
We had a fabulous day in and around Wellington. Jack was such a knowledgeable and amusing guide resulting in a great day for all.
Excellent tour guide. Excellent knowledge of the movies and history
Aweesome experience and fun, highly recommend it.
We loved every minute of it. The weather was wonderful. Our tour guide was hilarious, energetic, enthusiastic, well informed. Came home and immediately bought the extended versions of the trilogy. It is a must tour for LOTR fans. The full day tour was well worth the time and price.
Jack the tour guide makes this trip what it is. You can buy a book telling you the locations, but it is the stories behind it provided by Jack that makes this tour worth going on.
Excellent tour guide Jack who was very passionate and knowledgable about Lord of the Rings. I thoroughly enjoyed tour but maybe it would only get a 4 star rating if you weren't a Lord of the Rings fan
This tour is superb! Our tour guide Chewie was very informative. The views at some of the stops were amazing. Would definitely recommend this tour :)
Our tour guide Jack knew everything Lord of the Rings related! He was really informative and funny, we also had the good luck to meet some of the team from Weta at the Rivendell site and as our guide knew them they told us stories too!
Really great day!