- Lord of the Rings locations tour from Wellington
- Explore Middle-earth and see famous sights from The Lord of the Rings movies
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Weta workshop, the studio that produced the digital special effects for The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Enjoy a Lord of the Rings themed lunch
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This relaxed full-day tour covers a lot of ground yet allows enough time to explore Wellington's best 'Lord of the Rings' locations. A highlight is the Weta 'Window into Workshop' exhibition. This is a personalized experience led by passionate and knowledgeable 'Lord or the Rings' specialist guides
Recent Photos of This Tour
- RivendellPhoto by: Shirls
- Weta CavePhoto by: Shirls
- Two Wellington Tree Wetas ...Photo by: Gordon S
- Wellington panorama from Mt. ...Photo by: Gordon S
- and quot;Get off the road and ...Photo by: Leanne M
- Weta CavePhoto by: S F Irene H
- Nazgul on the roadPhoto by: Robert C
- Get off the road!Photo by: Robert C
- Wraith CrossingPhoto by: Gary G
- Outside the Weta CavePhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
- Get off the road!Photo by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
What You Can Expect
Loved this tour! Great value, fun and informed guide. Highly recommended.
Tour guide Jack was excellent. Loved all of his insider knowledge about LOTR. The day couldn't have been more perfect. Lunch was at such a fun place and tasted really great.
Weta Workshop was amazing, tour sites were well organized and interesting.
Enjoyed this trip very much, a superb day out if your time in Auckland is limited and you want to see as many things as possible in a short time. The picnic lunch was lovely, very good quality which is not always the case on tours!.
Good mixture of outdoor and indoor with the Weta workshop visit and the outdoor locations. Would recommend it to fans of the film series, or anybody who is in Aucland for a couple of days and would like to see the nice surrounding scenery.
This tour is well organized, thoughtfully presented, not hurried and FUN!!
Our guide not only presented the movie locations but told many related anecdotal stories as well as general information about the toured areas. Very worthwhile!!
Lots of fun!
Exceeded expectations. Would recommend it highly.
Great tour. Chewie, our guide, was very knowledgable and entertaining. Saw many great LOTR sites, as well as great scenery. I would recommend the full day you, much more to see.
Excellent Tour! Worth doing the full day tour as you go to several major location! Also Leslie was a great tour guide :