- Admission to both ZEALANDIA: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley in Wellington
- See an amazing exhibition showcasing New Zealand’s natural history and world-renowned conservation movement
- Be amazed by the lifelike models of prehistoric and extinct animals
- The option to join free talks provided by ZEALANDIA'S rangers daily between 12 and 3pm
- Explore New Zealand’s native birds, reptiles and insects in Sanctuary Valley
What You Can Expect
To Zealandia from Wellington
- i-Site: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Te Papa: 9:35am, 10:35am, 11:35am, 12:35pm, 1:35pm, 2:35pm
- YHA: 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm
- Rydges: 9:50am, 10:50am, 11:50am, 12:50pm, 1:50pm, 2:50pm
- Novotel: 9:55am, 10:55am, 11:55am, 12:55pm, 1:55pm, 2:55pm
- Top Cable Car: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
From ZEALANDIA returning to i-Site
- ZEALANDIA: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Spend a very enjoyable couple of hours at Zealandia, mostly in Sanctuary Valley. Unfortunately due to time we were unable to spend time in the exhibition. Shuttle Bus is free which is wonderful but unfortunately we just missed one and had to wait an hour for the next. Just make sure you get a timetable when booking so you have lots of time to enjoy this beautiful site.
bknute72 United States of ...
This was a beautiful park to walk around and view the birds as well as the forest. We took the cable car up the mountain, then the free shuttle to the park. Spent a couple hours here, could have spent many more exploring all the trails. Well worth the money.
Wonderful day out for the two of us, but would suit all ages. We would have liked more time to walk the longer trails too. We arrived via the free shuttle from Wellington's I-Centre and arrived in time to join a free guided walk with one of the volunteers. This should not be missed as there is so much information given about preparing the Zealandia site and the ethos behind it. The place was beautiful and it was a joy to see all those birds - some thought extinct and some just not seen in the area for decades. We booked Zealandia on-line and did it while in port on a cruise ship, and it really is easy to get to and from. At the end of the day we were dropped at the top of the funicular but chose to walk straight down via the streets, having been through the beautiful Botanic Gardens numerous times before. I would highly recommend Zealandia to any visitors.
Truly a highlight. I'd recommend this one to everyone.
Joseph W Australia
This was good value. The museum had an excellent display of NZ flora and fauna and the walk around the park very interesting.The free shuttle there and back made it an excellent way of understanding NZ
We had a very good day
A nice and interesting trip. I didn't allow enough time on this occasion. I will allow more time on the next occasion.