- Nighttime visit to Zealandia in Wellington
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition
- State-of-the-art interactive facility
- Lifelike models of extinct animals
- See rare native New Zealand animals in their natural habitat
- Search for elusive kiwi and the many other nocturnal animals as your guide leads you through the Sanctuary Valley in the dark
What You Can Expect
It is then time to step through the predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 550-acre (225-hectare) eco sanctuary home to some of the rarest native animals and birds in New Zealand that are found nowhere else in the world. By the light of the glowworms search for the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi foraging in the leaf litter.
Zealandia by Night is a fascinating and interactive look into the history of New Zealand’s wildlife over the past 1000 years, it's a fascinating and educational experience.
Super tour. We had a fabulous guide, very knowledgeable. So thrilled to see 4 Kiwi!
This was a wonderful experience. We only met one kiwi but to see one in the wild was amazing! Have already recommended toe trip to several travellers that we have met along the way!