- Full-day guided snowshoe adventure in Carcross, Yukon, from Whitehorse
- Customize your trip to match your fitness and experience level
- Take a brief drive through Carcross to see historic buildings
- Strap on your provided snowshoes and trek through the Yukon backcountry
- Nibble on a fresh picnic on a scenic lunch break
- Relax on round-trip transport from Whitehorse
- Bring family or friends with you on this small-group tour with personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Nestled in the Nares and Montana mountains, Carcross was originally named Caribou Crossing for the large herds that once swam across Nares River. Today, you might not spot as many caribou, but there may be other animals to spy roaming the backcountry of this picturesque community.
Before you set off on the routes tailored to your experience level, take a brief tour along the main drag of Carcross. Afterward, get fitted for your snowshoes.
Once you’re bundled up and strapped into your snowshoes, venture onto a route that takes you through the snow-covered sand dunes of Bennett Lake (easy) or Carcross Desert (intermediate). If you want more of a challenge, you might ascend a Grey Mountain path (difficult) and make your way to the edge of a sub-alpine forest. Whether you prefer frequent stops for photo ops or want to work up a sweat, your friendly guide is happy to cater to your needs.
Midday, your guide will select a scenic spot to rest for lunch. Wash down homemade sandwiches or wraps with hot drinks, and nibble on fresh fruits and veggies, among other seasonal snacks. Once you’re rejuvenated, set out on the second half of your customized trip to admire more rugged scenery and learn about the area’s gold rush history.
After your powdery excursion into the great Northern terrain, put on some comfy shoes and hop aboard your provided transport to take you back to your selected drop-off location in Whitehorse.