our tour guide Sunny was very knowledge of the region and subject - spoke great English and made my wife and I feel very welcomed - bus was comfortable and lunch was also very good and plentiful. thank you.
Seeing the Terracotta Warriors is a must see in your life. The day trip was well organised and the guide spoke very good English. Well worth the money.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Our guide spoke reasonable english and was very informative. On the way back we wanted to visit the Muslim Quarter and they went out of their way to drop us near there instead of our hotel. This was a highlight of our trip to China.
This was a very good tour. The only negative point was that the guide did not explain enough, was too quiet and nor forthcoming with enough information.
- professional, informative guide
- the warriors were incredible, and we had a few hours there to enjoy them
- two painful shopping stops in the morning, each lasting about thirty minutes
- we stopped at the car park outside Big Wild Goose Pagoda, had a quick look at it from outside the compound (5 minutes) and then continued on our way.
- the tea ceremony was, for all intents and purposes, another overpriced shopping stop.
- Banpo village was historically interesting (I suppose), but essentially just a big whole in the ground. Really didn't need to go there.
Our day started at 8am and we didn't arrive at the Warriors until after 2pm. This would have been fine if we'd have spent time at Big Wild Goose Pagoda (as advertised), but the majority of our morning was occupied with mind numbing shopping stops and an excursion to the bland Banpo Neolithic village.
When we finally arrived at the Warriors, our guide was very informative and we had a good opportunity to explore and take photos at our leisure.
Of course, the day didn't end when we departed the Warriors - it was time for "refreshments." (A vastly overpriced tea ceremony - I would have been happy to grab a bottle of water on the way out.)
Would have been much more enjoyable if we'd have spent just half a day touring and removed all of the horrifically irrelevant stops.