- Full-day guided sightseeing tour of Xi'an
- Discover the city's unique way of life with your knowledgeable guide
- Get a cultural and historical overview of Xi'an at the Shaanxi History Museum
- Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, an iconic symbol of Xi'an, and stop at the Great Mosque
- Tour Xi'an's ancient city walls, one of the oldest existing walls in China
- Enjoy a Chinese-style lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Travel to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a Buddhist temple built in 652 during the Tang Dynasty, which served as a holding place for religious texts and holy figurines that were brought to China from India. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious Chinese lunch before visiting one of the oldest existing Chinese city walls. The walls form a circumference of nearly 9 miles (14km), and each side has a gateway beyond which stand three massive towers. Learn about how the corners of the wall feature a watchtower that was used for defense against intruders.
Continue your sightseeing tour to the Great Mosque. First constructed in the Tang Dynasty, the mosque adheres to traditional Chinese architectural style, and its grounds were expanded in the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties to include extensive pavilions, platforms and halls.
After your full-day guided tour, sit back, relax and enjoy a comfortable drive back to your hotel.
Reviewed by DONALD C, USA, March 2012
Excellent tour. With foreign tourists down over 80% since 2008, this tour through Viator turned out to be a private tour for my wife and I! Small but nice air conditioned van us + driver + English speaking guide. Guide was very informative and knowledgeable. With just 2 of us in the tour, we could ask a lot of questions to learn more of the city and culture. Lunch was very good with lots to eat.
Reviewed by Stephen W, United Kingdom, July 2010