- Full-day guided sightseeing tour of Xi'an
- Discover the city's unique way of life with your knowledgeable guide
- Get a cultural and historical overview of Xi'an at the Shaanxi History Museum
- Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, an iconic symbol of Xi'an, and stop at the Great Mosque
- Tour Xi'an's ancient city walls, one of the oldest existing walls in China
- Enjoy a Chinese-style lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Travel to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a Buddhist temple built in 652 during the Tang Dynasty, which served as a holding place for religious texts and holy figurines that were brought to China from India. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious Chinese lunch before visiting one of the oldest existing Chinese city walls. The walls form a circumference of nearly 9 miles (14km), and each side has a gateway beyond which stand three massive towers. Learn about how the corners of the wall feature a watchtower that was used for defense against intruders.
Continue your sightseeing tour to the Great Mosque. First constructed in the Tang Dynasty, the mosque adheres to traditional Chinese architectural style, and its grounds were expanded in the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties to include extensive pavilions, platforms and halls.
After your full-day guided tour, sit back, relax and enjoy a comfortable drive back to your hotel.
Once again Viator is tops. Excellent guide with very good English and knowledge of the places visited. I felt that this tour also was great value for the money. Comfortable transport, excellent restaurant for lunch and no pressure from the guide to hurry. Viator, you tick all the boxes - I was recommended to your site and I am so pleased that I followed through.
Kevin Davis, NZ, June 2014
Great way to see all Xian, was picked up on time at Hotel by tour guide. Tour Guide spoke great English and went out of her way to make sure we say everything. She also took care of tickets and we were able to go to the front of the lines to get into all the historic spots.