Explore Xi'an on a half-day city tour and explore the history that lies within the ancient city walls. Tour the Shaanxi History Museum with your professional guide, admire preserved antique relics and learn about the renowned Shaanxi Province and the dynasties that protected the Chinese lands. Then, visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a Buddhist temple, and discover why it is a symbol of the city of Xi’an.
- Explore Xi'an on a guided half-day tour
- Discover the history of the city's ancient protective walls
- Tour the Shaanxi History Museum and learn about the renowned Shaanxi Province and the dynasties
- Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, an iconic Buddhist temple, with your informative guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Visit the renowned Shaanxi History Museum and learn about the area's rich culture and intriguing history, from the 2nd-century BC Emperor Qin Shihuang to today. Next, follow your expert guide to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Built in the Tang Dynasty, this iconic Buddhist temple is a symbol of the city, and features a seven-story square pyramid standing 210 feet (64 meters) high. Hear fascinating stories about the temple and learn about the important role it plays in the region’s culture.
If you have time at the end of the tour, take a stroll around Xi'an's famous pedestrian street and sample local snack foods before enjoying a comfortable drive back to your hotel.
Reviewed by Anonymous, July 2010
Reviewed by Giuseppe D, December 2010