- Walking tour through Xi'an's Muslim Quarter
- Sample delicious snacks from street vendors
- Visit Xi'an's Great Mosque and learn about the history of Islam in China
- Enjoy mouthwatering regional specialties at a Halal dinner
- Small-group tour of no more than 12 people ensures a unique experience
Then visit the Great Mosque, one of the oldest and most renowned mosques in China, founded in 742 AD. Unlike most mosques in Middle Eastern countries, the Great Mosque of Xi’an is completely Chinese in its architectural style, except for some Arabic lettering. Learn about the origin of the Hui people and hear the tales of how Islam came to China centuries ago. Wander around the mosque,enjoying the tranquil atmosphere and beautiful scenery. Then visit a smaller mosque to gain further insight into local worship of the Chinese Muslims.
Continue your walk through the quarter, and pass bakeries and shops to reach a local restaurant where you’ll feast on a banquet-style Halal dinner or barbeque. Try the yangroupaomo (a crumbled fried pancake soaked in lamb stew), beef kabobs and hand-pulled noodles with spiced lamb. The tour concludes after dinner, and you will then be free to explore Xi’an’s lively night market. If you need suggestions of where to go, your guide will share tips of the best places to shop, eat and people-watch!