- Full-day small-group tour of Xi'an's tombs and temples
- Visit the Tomb of Emperor Jingdi and see thousands of burial treasures
- Sample local snacks in the town of Sanyuan
- Admire the intricate architecture of Xi'an's Temple of the City God and learn about Daoism
- Enjoy a Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
See Emperor Jingdi’s impressive collection of treasures as you walk around the underground museum. Learn about the fascinating life of this Han Dynasty emperor, and hear about ancient Chinese burial traditions. Eighty-one burial pits radiate from the central mound of Emperor Jingdi’s tomb; they are filled with terracotta human figures, animal figures, remains of wooden chariots and various goods to be used by the emperor in the afterlife. After walking around the tombs, watch a short 3D film about Emperor Jingdi’s life.
Continue your adventure by traveling to the town of Sanyuan to meet locals who operate small snack stalls. Sample some of the unique flavors of Xi'an, such as flour noodles, local pickles and flour soup.
Then travel to the Temple of City God, built in 1387 during the Ming Dynasty. The temple’s interior is filled with amazing Daoist architecture. Admire the beautiful wooden carvings that depict various animal motifs, such as dragons and phoenix, and learn about the Daoist view of the afterlife.
Finally, head to a local restaurant to try delicious dishes such as sesame noodles, spicy lamb burgers and fresh stir-fried greens. After your meal, your tour concludes at the Bell Tower.