- City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour of York with audio commentary
- Create a personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore York at leisure
- See top York attractions such as York Minster, Jorvik Viking Centre and Clifford's Tower
- Hop on and off as many times as you wish at any of the 18 stops around the city
- Make use of a ticket that’s valid for 24 hours from the time of first use
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Admire top York attractions such as Exhibition Square and York Minster — home to a staggering collection of stained glass windows — and perhaps hop off at Clifford’s Tower to climb the monument and soak up the city views. Take a short stroll from Clifford’s Tower to visit Jorvik Viking Centre where more than 40,000 Viking-era artifacts await, or visit Monk Bar fortress and Merchant Adventurers’ Hall to see two of York’s medieval structures.
With your sightseeing ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly one hour) while listening to the entertaining commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 18 stops around the city.
York Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Exhibition Square (York Minster)
- Monk Bar
- Peasholme Green
- York Stonebow
- Merchant Adventurers’ Hall
- Clifford’s Tower (hop off here for a short walk to Jorvik Viking Centre)
- Margaret Street
- Walmgate Bar
- Barbican Centre entertainment venue
- Fishergate, Novotel York Centre
- Nunnery Lane, Victoria Bar
- Bishopthorpe Road
- Knavesmire Gate
- York Station
- York Memorial Gardens
- York Museum Gardens
A worthwhile way to see York as it went to all the main attractions and gave us a chance to see places of interest. We were able to use it as transport to our pre-booked York Dungeons experience. We were able to visit York Minster and the Chocolate Story.
We went around several times as the guides changed and there was so much information to take in. We loved the convenience of being able to get on and off as we wished.