- Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of York with audio commentary
- Create a personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore York at leisure
- See top York attractions such as York Minster, Jorvik Viking Centre and Clifford's Tower
- Hop on and off as many times as you wish at any of the 18 stops around the city
- Make use of a ticket that’s valid for 24 hours from the time of first use
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Admire top York attractions such as Exhibition Square and York Minster — home to a staggering collection of stained glass windows — and perhaps hop off at Clifford’s Tower to climb the monument and soak up the city views. Take a short stroll from Clifford’s Tower to visit Jorvik Viking Centre where more than 40,000 Viking-era artifacts await, or visit Monk Bar fortress and Merchant Adventurers’ Hall to see two of York’s medieval structures.
With your sightseeing ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly one hour) while listening to the entertaining commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 18 stops around the city.
York Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Exhibition Square (York Minster)
- Monk Bar
- Peasholme Green
- York Stonebow
- Merchant Adventurers’ Hall
- Clifford’s Tower (hop off here for a short walk to Jorvik Viking Centre)
- Margaret Street
- Walmgate Bar
- Barbican Centre entertainment venue
- Fishergate, Novotel York Centre
- Nunnery Lane, Victoria Bar
- Bishopthorpe Road
- Knavesmire Gate
- York Station
- York Memorial Gardens
- York Museum Gardens
We really enjoyed taking this tour, saw all the major attractions and were able to situate ourselves in London, thus being able to walk to the many attractions. Also included a Thames river cruise, which was unexpected.
I'm a fan of City Hop-on Hop-off Tours while travelling, especially internationally. Not being familiar with these cities, and trying not to miss any important sites, this is a fantastic opportunity to see the best of what each city has to offer. This particular tour had an extremely knowledgeable guide, Lisa, who was local from York. Not only did she provide interesting facts about the city, but was also able to add funny trivia and folk lore as well. It was very easy to book this tour online. I printed off my voucher, signed it, surrendered it to the driver of the tour, and was on my way. A very reasonable price for a lifetime of memories.