- 5-hour private Yosemite nature tour, led by a naturalist guide
- Explore Yosemite National Park’s wildflower meadows by foot or drive in search of diverse birdlife
- Take photos of the stunning landscape or search for target bird species that inhabit the Sierra Nevada
- Learn about Yosemite’s natural history from a local expert
- Customize the private tour to suit your interests
What You Can Expect
Yosemite is home to several unique species of wildflowers, which blanket the Sierra Nevada throughout spring and summer. With dynamic shifts in elevation, Yosemite is the perfect place to watch the progression of flowers as they move from the foothills to the high country. Hike with your guide to a region of the park with abundant blooms. Depending on the season, you may identify different species, including monkey flowers, tiger lilies, Indian paintbrush, shooting starts, asters, buttercups and lupines, each enchanting you with their brilliant displays of color and lovely scents.
If you love watching birds through your binoculars, you’ll enjoy spotting some of Yosemite ‘s 262 species of birds, including 165 resident and migratory species, as you tour some of the park’s most productive habitats. Drive your own vehicle, following your guide to locations where feathered friends are commonly spotted, and enjoy long stops at each site. The tour can be modified to search for certain target species, or to account for shifting bird populations. You might observe flocks of warblers, vireos, flycatchers and tanagers forage for insects, seeds and berries; listen to various birdcalls and songs; or learn about raptors like the sharp-shinned hawk and the elusive peregrine falcon.