- Private day trip to Plitvice Lake National Park from Zagreb
- Visit the UNESCO-listed lakes with a friendly private guide
- Enjoy a walking tour around the forest trails inside Plitvice Lake National Park
- See incredible flora and fauna and breathtaking lakeside panoramas
- Ride on an electric boat around the lower lakes
- Relax on a sightseeing tour by electric train before leaving the national park
What You Can Expect
On arrival, head out to explore the dense forests that surround the lakes with your private guide. While walking along the forest trails at a steady pace, admire the breathtaking wilderness that can be seen all around you, with colorful wild flowers framing the paths and pretty wooden bridges. The walkways are well maintained yet steep, but your guide will set the pace according to the slowest walker so no one is left behind. Your route takes in some 300 stairs, and while it’s not an easy walk, the views from the vantage points make it oh-so worth it.
Halfway through your walk, enjoy some free time for lunch at a cafe inside the park (own expense), and then take a ride around one of the lower lakes by electric boat. The lakes are famous for their pure water, and while they may look turquoise from a distance, you’ll notice how clear they are when gazing into their depths from your boat.
After your boat ride and the second half of your walk, hop aboard an electric train for a final tour of the park to cover more ground. From the comfort of your seat, look out at breathtaking panoramas of the verdant countryside, punctuated by dazzling lakes.
Swap your mode of transport to your vehicle, and then relax on your journey back to Zagreb, finishing your day trip with a hotel drop-off.