- Day trip from Zurich to Lucerne and Engelberg
- Discover the picturesque town of Lucerne and visit main sites such as the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Admire the picturesque scenery of the Swiss Alps and Lake Lucerne
- Visit the beautiful mountain resort of Engelberg, located under the north face of Mt Titlis
- Stop at a traditional Swiss cheese factory and visit a Baroque-style monastery
- Tour includes guided and non-guided elements
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Visit two idyllic, picture-postcard towns on this full-day excursion from Zurich. See the celebrated Lion of Lucerne and the impressive Benedictine monastery in Engelberg. There's also a chance to pick up some authentic Swiss cheese!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue on a breathtaking journey up to the mountain resort town of Engelberg. A typical Swiss alpine town in the canton of Obwalden, Engelberg is located in the sunny basin under the north face of Mt Titlis and is one of Switzerland’s leading mountain resorts. Visitors flock here in both summer and winter to take advantage of its natural features and sporting opportunities and to watch the ski jumping world cup at Gross-Titlis-Schanze.
This part of the trip will be unguided but feel free to explore at your leisure. Stroll around the village on your own and take the opportunity to tour a traditional Swiss cheese factory located in a monastery. Here, see an impressive collection of regional cheeses and other milk products. Enjoy doing some shopping or trying one of the traditional cheese specialties in the Bistro (own expense).
Visit the imposing Baroque-style monastery and learn about how Engelberg was originally founded by the Benedictine monks. Alternatively, take one of the many local hiking trails and explore the valley on foot while enjoying the peace and tranquility of this part of the Swiss Alps.
At the end of the day, meet your guide at the arranged time and board your coach for the journey back to Zurich.
Lucerne is a beautiful town, very picturesque. The covered bridges were unlike any I'd seen before. Wish I could have spent more time there, but I added on the trip to Mt Titles at the last minute, and very happy with that excursion!
I had so much fun up there. If there's snow don't ever miss it out