- Day trip from Zurich to Lucerne and Engelberg
- Discover the picturesque town of Lucerne and visit main sites such as the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Admire the picturesque scenery of the Swiss Alps and Lake Lucerne
- Visit the beautiful mountain resort of Engelberg, located under the north face of Mt Titlis
- Stop at a traditional Swiss cheese factory and visit a Baroque-style monastery
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Visit two idyllic, picture-postcard towns on this full-day excursion from Zurich. See the celebrated Lion of Lucerne and the impressive Benedictine monastery in Engelberg. There's also a chance to pick up some authentic Swiss cheese!
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue on a breathtaking journey up to the mountain resort town of Engelberg. A typical Swiss alpine town in the canton of Obwalden, Engelberg is located in the sunny basin under the north face of Mt Titlis and is one of Switzerland’s leading mountain resorts. Visitors flock here in both summer and winter to take advantage of its natural features and sporting opportunities and to watch the ski jumping world cup at Gross-Titlis-Schanze
Stroll around the village on your own and take the opportunity to tour a traditional Swiss cheese factory located in a monastery. Here, see an impressive collection of regional cheeses and other milk products. Enjoy doing some shopping or trying one of the traditional cheese specialties in the Bistro (own expense).
Next, visit the imposing Baroque-style monastery and learn about how Engelberg was originally founded by the Benedictine monks before re-boarding your coach for the journey back to Zurich.
There was confusion over the booking of this trip so we ended up going on the chocolate cheese and mountain trip to Appenzell. This trip was excellent and the guide was brilliant. She knew so much about the local area which made it extremely interesting and enjoyable. I would highly reccommend this trip to anyone visiting Switzerland.
Beautiful places and excellent tour guide.