- Day trip from Zurich to Lucerne including short city tour and Lake Lucerne cruise
- Travel through the Albis Pass mountain range, passing the Lake of the Four Cantons
- Learn about the history of Lucerne attractions like Chapel Bridge and the Lion Monument on a city tour
- Enjoy plenty of free time to explore Lucerne independently
- Admire lakeside scenery and mountain views on a Lake Lucerne sightseeing cruise
What You Can Expect
On arrival in Lucerne, enjoy an introductory tour of the city by coach to get your bearings, seeing sights like Chapel Bridge and the Baroque Jesuit Church. Hear the history of these top Lucerne attractions and get insider tips for places to visit independently. Stop for a stroll around the Lion Monument, and then enjoy roughly six hours of free time to explore the city at your own pace.
Lucerne is famous for its cafe culture, so perhaps wile away an hour or so enjoying an indulgent Swiss lunch (own expense). A ticket for a Lake Lucerne sightseeing cruise is included with your tour, so head down to the lake at a time to suit you, and then relax on board your boat. Listen to entertaining audio commentary about the history of the city while gazing at the picturesque lakeside scenery, framed by Mount Pilatus.
Maybe take a stroll around the city’s pedestrianized Old Town, or visit one of Lucerne’s attractions like Richard Wagner Museum or the 14th-century Musegg Wall. All entrance fees are payable at your own expense.
Return to your coach and travel back to Zurich. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the start point at Sihlquai Bus Terminal.