- Private morning or afternoon tour of Rhine Falls from Zurich
- Travel through Northern Switzerland, admiring picturesque vineyards and farming villages
- See the charming old houses and historic Munot Fortress in Schaffhausen
- Admire Rhine Falls, Europe’s biggest waterfall, and take an optional boat ride to get right in the middle of the falls!
- Hotel pickup included; drop-off at hotel or Zurich Airport makes this tour convenient even if you’re pressed for time
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you're in Zurich, it would be a shame to miss Europe's biggest waterfall! The optional boat ride is very exciting and I strongly recommend it. Plus you have a private guide just for you and your group, which is even better!
What You Can Expect
Continue to Schaffhausen and delight in the town’s intricately painted houses with bay windows. View Laufen Castle, which dates back as far as 858 A.D.
Arrive at Rhine Falls, Europe’s biggest waterfall and spend one full hour marveling at this natural wonder. Take the Belvedere panoramic trail right to the top of the falls, or take a thrilling optional boat ride to a large rock in the middle of these dramatic falls for a closer look. Being able to get so close to these 75-foot (23-meter) falls allows you to really feel their power and force.
Throughout your tour, your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the sights you pass. A private tour is a much more laid-back, personal experience than a big bus tour, so feel free to ask as many questions as you like and get your fill of photos.
On the return journey pass Schaffhausen with its 16th century Munot Fortress, then pass through Germany briefly on your way back to Zurich. Disembark at Zurich Airport if you wish or continue on to your hotel.