This small-group tour is limited to eight people for a more intimate experience.
- 2.5-hour walking tour of Zurich chocolate shops in Old Town (Altstadt)
- Learn about the history of Swiss chocolate and how it’s made from your informative guide
- Become a chocolate tasting expert, sampling bars, nougat, pralines and truffles at various shops
- All tastings of chocolates and other sweets included
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A must-do for all chocoholics and those looking for a different experience in Zurich. With the help of a food expert, you'll discover all the sweet spots in the city, especially those unknown to most locals and tourists -- get ready to embrace temptation!
What You Can Expect
Your guide will escort you to artisanal shops in Old Town (Altstadt) where you’ll chat with owners who are eager to share their passion for chocolate. Learn about cacao (the bean from which chocolate is made) origins and percentages and become a tasting expert. Ask anything you ever wanted to know about chocolate and sweets -- being on a small-group tour makes for a casual, friendly experience.
Stop by Zurich’s oldest confectionery and enjoy a cup of specially churned hot chocolate. Choose from a variety of nougats, pralines and truffles for tastings at other shops along your way. Indulge in unique flavors and try single-origin chocolates, which are made from cacao beans from a single harvest. Savor pastries, cupcakes and homemade ice cream. All your tastings are included, and you can scope out which shops you’d like to revisit later in your stay.
In between tastings you’ll be walking along the cobblestoned streets of Zurich, so it’s easy to work off some calories! Your 2.5-hour walking tour of Zurich’s sweet shops concludes at Rathaus (Town Hall) at around 5pm.