Market Tours in Accra
By Viator, January 2018
- On a food tour, shop for ingredients at a local market before joining a Ghanaian chef to learn how to prepare some of Ghana's most beloved dishes.
- Take a walking tour for an insider’s look at the bustling markets, including advice on bargaining.
- Ride in a “tro-tro,” one of Accra’s shared taxi vehicles.
- Explore the Makola and Salaga markets, as well as the timber market, which sells wood from area forests.
- Head to the herbal market to learn about local medicinal herbs and their different uses in traditional medicine and voodoo rituals.
- Get tips from your tour guide and try your hand at bartering.
- If booking a tour with a cooking class, note any dietary requirements when booking.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes when visiting any market.
- Bring cash, ideally small bills, if you plan to purchase anything at the markets.
Tours & Tickets
Get to grips with the exotic food, flavors and dishes of West Africa on this captivating 2-hour tour of Accra’s markets! With an expert guide beside you, delve ... Read more
Location: Accra, Ghana
Duration: 2 hours (approx.)