Things to Do in Amalfi Coast This Summer
By Viator, September 2017
- Hit the waves and soak up rays in style on a private cruise to the Amalfi Coast and Capri.
- Hire a private guide to explore the coast with ease on a day trip from Naples.
- Discover top attractions and hidden landmarks around Positano, Ravello, and Sorrento.
- Explore the volcanic ruins of ancient Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sample the mozzarella, pizza, and spaghetti for which the region is famous.
- Hike into the hills for spectacular views of the coastal scenery.
- The Amalfi Coast is a popular tourist draw all year-round, but gets especially busy in summer from May through September.
- To score a spot on the sand at the busier beaches, you’ll need to stake your claim early in the day. Alternatively, head to one of the more remote beaches, such as Fornillo or Laurito.
- Keep in mind that larger crowds mean tours to nearby sites like Pompeii, Naples, Capri, and Mount Vesuvius are also likely to sell out well in advance.
- Accommodation options range in price along the coast, from apartment rentals to luxury hotels, but do note that all prices go up in summer.
- You can get around by bus, car, or motor scooter year-round, but in summer it’s also possible to get from town to town by boat.
- Two major Italian holidays fall in summer: the Festa Della Repubblica on June 2 and Ferragosto (also called Assumption Day) on August 15. Expect some closures.
Tours & Tickets
Explore the famous Amalfi Coast with your own driver to chauffeur you from town to town on this private full-day excursion from Naples. You'll discover ... Read more
Location: Naples, Italy
Duration: 8 hours (approx.)
The beautiful beaches and coastal towns of the Campania region await you on this private shore excursion. While you’re in port in Sorrento, head off to explore ... Read more
Location: Sorrento, Italy
Duration: 9 hours (approx.)
Our semi-private Pompeii day tours depart from Rome with pick up and drop off included at centrally located hotels (limited to 7-8 people per vehicle). ... Read more
Location: Rome, Italy
Duration: 14 hours (approx.)
Discover Rome and southern Italy on this exciting 6-day tour with an expert guide, 4-star accommodation included! Spend two nights in Rome and get to know the ... Read more
Location: Rome, Italy
Duration: 6 days (approx.)