While Amsterdam is known for its decidedly adults-only activities, there's still plenty of fun to be had if you're visiting with kids. Skip the breweries, coffee shops, and Red Light District and try some of the kid-friendly things to do below.
- Treat the kids to an evening canal cruise that serves made-to-order pizza, plus ice cream for dessert.
- Hop on a bike for a family visit to the Dutch countryside where you can visit a farmhouse to sample cheeses and enjoy a clog demonstration.
- Spend a day at the Efteling Theme Park enjoying the rides, water shows, musical performances, and the playground.
- Paddle a canoe through the Waterland region just outside of Amsterdam. Learn about traditional Dutch culture, enjoy a picnic lunch, and perhaps even go for a swim in one of the many waterways.
- Visit the Madurodam Miniature Park in The Hague to check out miniature replicas of Amsterdam’s most iconic landmarks, mini houses, canals, windmills, and markets.
- Head to the A’dam Lookout for 360-degree views of the city.
- Take advantage of a city attractions pass to visit kid-friendly sites such as the Artis Royal Zoo, the NEMO Science Center, and the Zaanse Schans Open Air Museum.