The Picassco Museum in Antibes is located in what was formerly known as Château Grimaldi. In 1946, Pablo Picasso lived and worked in the château for six months, and in 1966 it became the first museum in the world to be exclusively dedicated to the painter; it now houses 245 works of art, including works Picasso himself donated, including “The Goat” and “La Joie de Vivre”. In 1991, Picasso’s muse and second wife Jacqueline bequested 22 of Picasso’s works to the museum. It also features works by Nicolas de Staël, Fernand Léger, Hans Hartung, Paul Leuquet, Germaine Richier and Joan Miró.
The museum is located on Place Mariejol in Antibes, southern France. It can be reached on foot from the harbor via Promenade Amiral de Grasse. It is also accessible by car, with three nearby parkings (Port Vauban, parking du Pré des Pêcheurs, parking de la Poste). The museum is open every day but Mondays; opening times vary throughout the year. Regular admittance fare is €6, but discounted fares are offered for students and families.