Arizona is home to several North American indigenous communities, many of them Navajo. A visit to Arizona offers a chance to learn more about their history and culture. These are just a few of the experiences you shouldn’t miss, including sites you can only see with an American Indian guide.
- Tour Antelope Canyon, a narrow sandstone slot canyon inside the Navajo Nation, with a local Navajo guide.
- Learn about the area’s earliest residents with a walk through the American Indian ruins at Wupatki National Monument.
- Have lunch at an authentic Navajo trading post, known for its fry bread tacos and locally made art and jewelry.
- Marvel at Native American art dating back some seven centuries at the Honanki Heritage Site.
- Experience the natural beauty of Monument Valley on a day trip from Flagstaff or Sedona, stopping at traditional Navajo homes as you travel through the vast Navajo Nation.