Bibi-Heybat Mosque (Bibiheybet Mescidi) Tours and Tickets
During the 13th century Shirvanshah Farrukhzad II Ibn Ahsitan II built a beautiful mosque in the city now known as Baku. Alexandre Dumas paid a visit to the mosque in the 1840s and gave it the nickname “the mosque of Fatima.”
After it was completely destroyed by the Bolsheviks in 1936, the mosque was rebuilt in 1994 on the same site and is today the spiritual center for Muslims in Azerbaijan. Ukeyma Khanum, a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad, is entombed within the mosque, adding to its religious significance.
Architects used photos and traveler descriptions to recreate the mosque’s classic Shirvan architecture, including its three domes and two minarets. Gilded inscriptions from the Quran border the interior of the domes, which are covered in green, teal and gold tiles.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Bibi-Heybat Mosque (Bibiheybet Mescidi)
- Baku Ferris Wheel (Baku Eye)
- Martyrs' Lane (Şehidler Xiyabani)
- Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum (Azerbaycan Milli Xalça Muzeyi)
- Palace of the Shirvanshahs (Şirvanşahlar Sarayi Kompleksi)
- Baku Old City (Icherisheher)
- Maiden Tower (Qiz Qalasi)
- Fountains Square (Fevvareler Meydani)
- Baku Boulevard (Denizkenari Milli Park)
- Heydar Aliyev Center
- Flame Towers (Alov Qülleleri)
- Yanar Dag