With dozens of dive sites offering stellar biodiversity, excellent visibility, and amazing experiences catering to all ability levels, Bali is a great place to go diving or snorkeling—or to learn how to dive if you’ve never been before. Here are some of the best diving experiences in Bali.
- Learn to dive with a PADI divemaster among shallow coral reefs in the beginner-friendly waters of Sanur or Padangbai.
- Swim with magnificent mola mola (sunfish) in the open waters of Nusa Penida.
- Combine scuba diving with other aquatic adventures—snorkeling, banana boat rides, and parasailing—from the island of Lembongan.
- Explore the 394-foot wreck of the USAT Liberty in Tulamben, where ghost pipefish, pygmy seahorses, parrotfish, and other marine life thrive on the coral reefs.
- Scuba dive alongside non-divers or children who can snorkel at many of the same Bali diving sites.