Culturally rich Bangalore is an exciting city to explore by bike. The state capital of Karnataka and one of the fastest-growing cities in South India, Bangalore is home to ancient temples, Vijayanagara-style architecture, “Food Street,” and nearby Nandi Hills. Here are the highlights of a countryside or city bike tour.
- Explore the city streets and hills of Bangalore on a bike trip and cover more ground in less time.
- Follow the safest biking routes with your guide and find yourself visiting temples such as Ragigudda, Bull, and Gavi Gangadhareshwara.
- Escape the bustling city and head into the countryside surrounding the Nandi Hills, just north of the city, where granite hills rise up from the lush earth. A bike ride—or road trip—through the forests up to the main peak is a challenging but rewarding experience for nature lovers.
- City cycling tours normally last five hours and include visits to various temples.
- Country bike tours last about four to five hours and often include a trip to a pottery village, where you can try your hand at making your own ceramics.
- Bike tours typically include a guide and bike rental.