How to Spend a Rainy Day in Bangkok
By Viator, April 2018
- Try muay thai boxing classes, a fun and kid-friendly way to burn off extra energy and learn one of Thailand’s most beloved sports. Afterward, seek out a Thai massage in one of the many spas around the city.
- Dedicate some time to a Thai cooking class that will empower you with skills to craft favorites like pad Thai, curries, and spring rolls long after you return home.
- Stroll through one of Bangkok’s many shopping malls, most of which feature both Thai and international brands. Try high-end Emporium in the Sukhumvit neighborhood or the MBK Center, home to some 2,000 shops spanning eight floors.
- Head to SeaLife Bangkok Ocean World (formerly Siam Ocean World), an underground aquarium home to more than 30,000 aquatic residents from around the world.
- Spend a day soaking in Thai culture with visits to the Thai National Museum, a showcase of exhibits and artifacts spanning prehistory to the present day, and the National Gallery, dedicated to non-secular Thai art and modern Bangkok art.
- Stop by the must-see Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), an elaborate indoor treat.