Springtime is the hottest season in Bangkok, and as you may want to avoid long walks during the heat of the day, there’s plenty to do indoors (and at night) for those who prefer to keep cool. Here are a few ideas about how to spend your time.
- Soothe achy muscles with a traditional Thai massage or spa package.
- Hit up some of Bangkok’s many air-conditioned malls, perhaps with your own shopping guide/stylist.
- Learn how to surf at the wave simulator at Flow House.
- Interact with monks during an early morning almsgiving with a local guide.
- Set sail on a luxurious dinner cruise along the Chao Phraya River.
- Go on a day tour to the waterfall-covered landscapes of Erawan National Park.
- Take a guided tour to the Grand Palace, home to the Thai royal family.
- Learn Thai dance and puppeteering from a local artist.